Manager, Construction Planning & ControlsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10016133 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 19, 2023
Buena Vista Construction Company (BVCC) is a business entity within Walt Disney World that provides Construction Management and General Contracting expertise to support facility, show and ride enhancements, and refurbishments. The Manager of Planning and Controls leads the support function for Buena Vista Construction Company which includes estimating, scheduling, timekeeping/payroll, and reporting. You will develop appropriate measurements and reports to forecast performance and improvement. You will identify opportunities, and new issues and develop and implement solutions. Safety remains a top priority for all team members.
You will report to Director Buena Vista Construction Company
- Lead salaried and hourly direct reports, including career mentoring and performance coaching
- Provide oversight in the management of commercial construction cost budgeting, cost estimating, and cost control.
- Provide oversight in the management of detailed schedule development with critical path method concepts and tools.
- Establish project budget, baselines, and report variances.
- Provide support to track project progress and perform analysis of bottlenecks, trends, and planning.
- Identify project risks and help develop mitigation plans.
- Develop custom project reports to facilitate project discussions.
- Track project deliverables and monitor physical percent complete (tracking installed quantities).
- Develop reports on actuals, variances, trends, and re-forecast.
- Develop detailed cash flow and commitment flow throughout the project phases.
- Oversight of schedule development.
- Develop customized schedule reports following project needs (two-week look ahead, variance reports, progress reports, milestone reports ).
- Identify design changes, scope changes, schedule slippages, and potential impacts and help identify mitigations. Determine potential cost and schedule/progress impacts of potential risks as they are identified.
- Manage project schedule development and update processes and ensure accuracy and agreement on the master schedule.
- Ensure trends of cost and schedule are identified, manage change management process and communicate and suggest corrective actions
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- 8+ years of leadership experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of commercial construction acquisition strategies and contracting principles.
- Demonstrated experience in different aspects of construction project controls, accounting, estimating, planning/scheduling, progress measurement, and forecasting/ reporting.
- Strong analytical skills required to review all project controls information and ensure accuracy and identify issues, concerns, and potential mitigations.
- Experience driving effectiveness in large teams through established and creative metrics and collaboration.
- Demonstrated compassion and commitment to diversity and inclusion, including inviting diverse perspectives, encouraging an inclusive work environment, and supporting workforce diversity.
- Knowledge of union trades and formal union agreements.
- Demonstrated experience in different aspects of project controls, accounting, estimating, planning/scheduling, progress measurement, and forecasting/ reporting.
- Bachelor's degree in Construction, Engineering, Management, or applicable related profession.
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
#LI-ML3, safety22, #DPEPFLA
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Buena Vista Trading Company, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Buena Vista Trading Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.