Manager, Cyber Security Engineering
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 712481BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 15/10/2019
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Walt Disney Parks & Resorts means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member, you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Lead a team of professionals with security engineering expertise and innovation to design, develop, and implement solutions and technologies to address cyber security challenges and opportunities, which includes threat-based engineering, new architecture, tools, and techniques for the reverse engineering of systems. The team will conduct proof of concept prototyping, product evaluations, development, and testing. This includes performing research and development of unique, cutting edge technical capabilities for understanding, assessing, and analyzing cyber technologies.
- Lead the development and implementation of new security capabilities.
- Conceptualize and develop solutions to improve security posture and lead projects from conception to design to implementation
- Build next generation reverse engineering tools and approaches
- Oversee all tasks related to managing security projects. This includes project definition, identification of goals, potential obstacles, project planning, tracking, and reporting status, coordination with interfacing projects/departments, project evaluation, and project revision.
- Manage planning and budgeting activities for initiatives, projects, and programs within their area of responsibility.
- Perform deep analysis of systems to understand limitations and weaknesses in order to identify cyber security challenges that need to be addressed
- Drive security risk decisions and influence technical architecture
- Communicate vertically and horizontally to keep stakeholders informed
- Solve information security problems before they surface by using cutting edge strategies to address emerging cyber-threats
- Participate in the development of architectural designs for new solutions to ensure security requirements are built-in from the beginning
- Continual self-education of emerging technologies to assist in the development of secure configurations (i.e. Cloud Web Services, IoT devices, mobile applications, control systems, etc.)
- Monitor industry trends and identify best practices and/or methodologies to implement in-house
- Drive on-going process improvements and gap remediation activities as required
- A minimum of 5 - 10 years’ security software development experience
- Cloud Security Experience: AWS IAM, Security Group, Lambda functions, ELB/ALB, VPC, EC2, security policies
- Outstanding cross-functional management and leadership skills, attention to detail, and proficiency in influencing and negotiation at an executive level
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with security services, such as AWS inspector, Tenable, CrowdStrike, Red Lock, Archer, WhiteHat, Vulnerability management tools.
- Working knowledge of network and IT security components, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, anti-malware software, data encryption, VPN’s, vulnerability scanners, server operating systems, and other industry-standard techniques and practices.
- Knowledge of common web and mobile application vulnerabilities, such as the OWASP Top 10 for web and mobile, and ability to provide solutions
- Ability to identify risk and develop appropriate mitigation plans to reduce or eliminate risk
- Ability to solve complex problems and develop creative alternatives, as well as, continuous process improvement skills
- Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and presentation communications skills
- Possession of excellent interpersonal skills, including thriving in a team environment.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as part of a high performance team
- PMP certification
- Ability to be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements.
- Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with both commercial and open source tools such as Kali, burp, nmap, nessus, openvas, sqlmap, metasploit, meterpreter, kismet, fiddler, wireshark, and Aircrack-ng
- Knowledge of security related legislation/regulations with emphasis on PCI, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and privacy
- Bachelor's degree in Information Security related field or related work experience testing information systems
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Parks, Experiences and Products, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.