Manager-Data IntegrationApply NowApply Later Job ID 815575BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 09, 2021
This position is part of the Labor System team which provides holistic system and data strategy, optimization, and support for all labor and workforce management systems across domestic sites. In this role you will lead the Labor Systems Data Integration team on the design, implementation and maintenance of data solutions across multiple systems, sites, and different environments – including a strategic transition from on-premise to cloud infrastructure. The Manager-Data Integration position collaborates across different Domestic Park Operations, IT, and Corporate teams to identify internal/external data sources, design, and manage data solutions.
- Key leader to collaboratively plan and execute the data vision for Labor Systems. Create incremental delivery in support of strategic data roadmap, minimizing complexity and risk.
- Collaborate extremely closely with other teams and stakeholders to deliver successfully on features and capabilities efficiently and effectively.
- Lead a highly motivated and efficient Data Integration team.
- Enforce IT Security data security policies as well as internal access and governance standards
- Ensure servers and databases are in compliance with IT Security data protection practices.
- Responsible for operational and functional integrity of the Labor Systems supported applications: setting and meeting SLA’s; continuous improvement in quality and performance; developing, monitoring and reporting on key operational and performance metrics.
- Manage and prioritize multiple tasks independently in a fast paced environment.
- Provide high-level estimation based on initial requirements
- Break large complex problems into small and testable tasks
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of IT technologies and developments. This may involve attending seminars, training events and reading relevant journals and technical documentation. Maintain a good working knowledge of data integrations technologies currently in use.
- Daily management of portfolio of applications in production; provide daily engineering support integrated with operations and customer support teams.
- 8+ years of technology-focused industry experience
- 3+ years of experience leading small to mid-sized software or database development teams
- 3+ years of experience managing technology projects
- Mastery in SQL and experience with relational, non-relational, and analytical databases (8+ years, in-memory, and NoSQL db experience is a plus)
- Thorough understanding of data-driven technology architectures from data warehousing, integration APIs, ETL/ELT design, and web services to visualization or application exposure to end users.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills
- Delegates work effectively
- Builds lasting, strong cross-functional working relationships
- Delivers software in an Agile environment
- Strong written, oral communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to think strategically, analyze data
- Strong work ethics with great attention to detail and quest for quality
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities in a fast-paced environment accurately and with minimal supervision
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Resolve conflicts effectively
- Proactive, self-motivating, autonomous, takes initiative to drive results despite uncertainty
- Experience with Snowflake
- Python knowledge
- SAS knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related field or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years of leadership experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.