Manager, Decision Science Products – Media Analytics (Hybrid)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10019353 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 21, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Disney Decision Science and Integration (DDSI) is the Walt Disney Company’s center of excellence for developing and deploying innovative analytics that support decision making for client organizations across The Walt Disney Company (TWDC), including Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (e.g., ABC, ESPN, FX, Studio Entertainment, Disney Theatrical Group) and Parks, Experiences & Products. To drive business value through decision-shaping analytics, DDSI leverages technology, optimization, simulation, statistics and machine learning models to explore opportunities and deploy new analytical capabilities.
The Decision Science Product team within DDSI is looking for a Manager that will provide leadership and contribute to a highly skilled team of experts across business and technical domains. This role will be accountable for the operational support of Media Research deliverables, including the successful integration of analytics solutions with the client organization and processes. The Manager will be expected to lead interactions with our clients, vendors and internal TWDC teams such as Decision Science, Data Integration, and various segment-specific analytics and technology groups.
The successful candidate will be data-driven and business-minded, and will be passionate about solving business questions through data analysis. In this position, you will be working directly with business segments within the DMED organization. You will lead integration of existing solutions or development of new solutions by scoping, implementing, and testing that solutions address client business problems. You should enjoy connecting with clients to brainstorm ways to better support business decisions, being a thought leader in analytical settings, building data visualization dashboards, and managing and improving software systems.
- Lead, develop, and mentor a team of analytical professionals who perform data analysis, modeling, solution development, solution maintenance, and product/client engagement across a portfolio of business segment projects
- Lead operational integration of analytic processes and support on-going usage and interpretation of advanced science within developed analytical applications
- Own the vision for analytical opportunities across a project, be accountable for integrating these concepts into real-world business processes, and drive the roadmap for ongoing operational updates and sustainment
- Exhibit critical strategic thinking and creative problem solving to scope work, shape deliverables, set priorities, meet deadlines, and communicate results that can be understood and acted upon
- Lead directly and indirectly via influencing in a matrixed environment to communicate business knowledge and recommend priorities to cross-functional teams
- Manage the relationship with clients within Media Research to provide ongoing support to meet operational needs
- Act as the subject matter expert to anticipate and prevent problems and roadblocks before they occur
- Proactively communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders, seek to learn and understand, and potentially challenge existing processes in order to continuously seek improved efficiencies
- 3-5 years of progressively complex media Industry analytics experience with 2 or more years of experience leading analytical teams
- Deep expertise in the fields of Forecasting & Revenue Management
- History of supporting operational teams
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and adapt to rapidly changing business environment
- 2-3 years of experience and proficiency in Python, SQL (or similar programming languages)
- Ability to think and act independently on a daily basis, while maintaining a cross-functional and holistic perspective for implementation decisions
- Strength in leadership to guide and develop team members
- Ability to craft client presentations and lead presentations to executive leadership
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and translate the languages of analytics and business applications
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to partner with others and build consensus in a cross-functional team toward a desired outcome
- Proficient in a variety of data science methods, scalable infrastructure setup, software development, and system architecture
- Skilled at project management and delivery
How To Stand Out:
- 5+ years analytics experience in the Media Industry, with a focus supporting Research, Finance & Ad Sales
- 3+ years of experience leading analytical teams
- Proven success in consulting and operational analytics product management in the media industry
- Expertise with Nielsen and other video measurement solutions
- Familiarity with full stack development
- Strong understanding of advanced analytical methods
- Experience developing short- and long-term product roadmaps for implementation and sustainment
- Bachelor's degree in Economics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Analytics, or other quantitative field; Master's Degree preferred
This role is Hybrid with job responsibilities that need to be performed onsite in the Orlando, FL area on a regular basis as well as offsite from home. Commuting to and from the assigned site is the employee's personal responsibility.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.