Manager - Engineering ServicesApply Now Apply Later Job ID 822556BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 07/13/2021
Lead the Team
You will lead an organization of salaried leaders and hourly technicians that are both accomplished and diversified. This teams range in size from 60 to 110 people (depending on the area) and the annual operating budget ranges from $8M to over $10M. The safety of the cast and guest is your first priority. We need you to be astute in thought and execution. You will need well-defined skills in leadership, management, technical aptitude and building relationships. You will provide the team with a vision and inspire them to achieve it. You will also have a understanding of the daily operation and dive in where necessary to help manage the detail. You will complete multiple priorities daily and will "switch gears" quickly.
Manage the assets
You will maintain the physical integrity, reliability and show quality of the physical assets within your assigned area. In addition to leading the Engineering Services team towards this objective, you must work with other departments and external contractors.
Manage and Lead
"A day in the life of…" As the Manager, Engineering services you set vision and priorities for the organization and invest your time based on a combination of data, experience, and instinct. It is necessary to know that you will "fly high" and "dive into the details." There is no "typical day" for this position. A successful manager will excel in an up tempo environment with dynamic demands. At the same time, they keep their eye on the vision they set for the organization and always move their team in that direction. The Walt Disney World resort has operations that are ongoing 24/7 and 365 days of the year. As such, the managers’ responsibilities will require them to work nights, weekends and holidays when needed.
- Manage projects including, scope development, budgeting, resource management, scheduling and communication.
- Demonstrate technical aptitude in areas such as mechanical, electrical, HVAC, controls, networks, material science, building trades. Improve technical proficiencies in areas that are not a strength.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency with our safety programs and policies.
- Inspect quality of completed preventive maintenance and reconcile to job plans.
- Demonstrate, embrace and apply and technological skills.
- Seek creative solutions to technical challenges.
- Honor your commitments.
- Give realistic dates for deliverables.
- Actively participate in a group effort for example: task force, safety committee…
- Cultivate relationships to promote goals.
- Develop relationships with operational peers.
- Benchmark with technical peers.
- Maintain positive relationship with union representatives.
- Well defined business and technical skills.
- Experience communicating and working with all levels of an organization.
- Familiarity with accessing equipment pits, work platforms, cat walks, roofs and similar areas by ladder.
- Eligibility to work in United States.
- 10+ years of experience in related field
- AS degree in technical field of study or 5+ years of experience in related field
- BS degree in technical field of study
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.