Manager, Finance - Disney SpringsApply NowApply Later Job ID 10023675 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 22, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Disney Springs is a 127 acre retail, dining, and entertainment complex with over 150 venues including World of Disney, the largest Disney merchandise store in the world. We are seeking an experienced leader to support the Disney Springs VP, General Managers and Proprietors. This individual will provide financial and strategic support and direction, including financial planning and analysis, business development & leasing strategy, and ad hoc decision support. This role has one direct report and daily contact with Operations leaders in Merchandise, Food & Beverage, Custodial and Entertainment.
This individual integrates heavily with other finance, analytical, and operations partners, driving key initiatives and planning processes for Disney Springs. Also in scope is strong collaboration with other business areas within the Disney Springs, Sports, Water Parks & Mini Golf, and Experience Optimization organization, providing consolidation and support for the SVP of Operations. This individual will report to the Senior Manager, Finance, Disney Springs.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of positive leadership skills including the ability to inspire the team, develop Cast Members to reach their potential, and embrace and promote Disney values. This individual will work with their team, partners, and clients to understand and manage financial goals and bring an entrepreneurial spirit to the work.
Additionally, they will support the continued growth of the property and development of both Owned & Operated and Operating Participant businesses.
- Lead team responsible for financial planning processes, including the Long Term Plan, Annual Operating Plan, Capital Plan and Forecast for the Disney Springs business. Proactively anticipate next steps, future opportunities, and/or future challenges to financial performance
- Inspire a team and adapt leadership style to needs of individual team members to serve the business
- Demonstrate passion and commitment to diversity and inclusion, including inviting diverse perspectives and fostering an inclusive work environment
- Understand and presents complex business issues and solves problems creatively as a credible, approachable partner and advisor on financial matters
- Demonstrate proven proficiency in pro forma development, quantitative analysis, and complex financial modeling with ability to translate into actionable insights and recommendations
- Energetically embrace new thoughts and ideas, focuses on continuous improvement
- Remain flexible and able to anticipate changes; respond to daily operational needs and priorities with agility
- Exceptional partnership, influencing, and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills for executive audiences
- Minimum 5 years finance and leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or equivalent
- MBA, Master’s degree in Finance or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.