Manager, Financial AccountingApply NowApply Later Job ID 2113668220220515 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Aug. 01, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Retail Accounting is the group that is primarily responsible for managing the accounting and reporting for The Disney Store brick and mortar stores, Disney e-commerce, and Flexible Business Model (FBM) businesses. In addition to management reporting processes, the team is also responsible for ensuring compliance with the company’s key controls and SOX requirements. Retail Accounting also partners with various stakeholders in Finance and Operations to analyze financial results.
- Lead and develop team of five to complete Global Retail Financial Statement Consolidations, Flexible Business Models (FBM) accounting and reporting, and various Retail Accounting projects
- Ensure accuracy of financial statements through review and feedback on journal entries, reconciliations, variance explanations, and key projects (Product Testing and Tooling charges, Financial Systems implementations, etc.)
- Review Segment and Corporate monthly and quarterly Financial Statement deliverables for completeness, accuracy, and comprehensive depiction of results
- Perform key controls over Reporting functions (including Financial Statement flux analyses, Management Representation Letter preparation, Legal Entity reporting, etc.)
- Drive efficiencies through continuous review and improvement of existing processes
- Collaborate with business partners, including Finance, Legal, Tax, Consumer Payments, IT, and Operations, to support day-to-day operations and new initiatives by developing processes and providing accounting/controls guidance
- Champion recommendations for process improvements and cost savings beyond Controllership and influence leaders without involvement from Senior Manager/Director
- Actively participate in Controllership and Company initiatives
Basic Qualifications :
- 5-7 years relevant accounting experience preferred; 4 years accounting experience
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Demonstrated understanding of internal controls, control environments, and accounting systems (SAP preferred)
- Charismatic, dynamic leader and effective manager, who leads by example and will mentor a diverse team to meet Controllership objectives and to participate in Controllership projects and events
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Must be able to interact with and influence all levels of management within and outside Controllership
- Must be an excellent team player who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- High energy level; strong work ethic
- Self-driven, independent thinker
- Results-oriented, decisive
- Demonstrated track record of identification of process improvements and desire to implement best practices
- Exhibit a willingness to be adaptable and flexible, and demonstrate a desire to operate in a dynamic environment
Preferred Qualifications :
- Management experience
- CPA, MBA or equivalent
- International and merchandise licensing experience
Required Education :
- 4-Year Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.