Manager, Financial SystemsApply NowApply Later Job ID 805141BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 11, 2021
At Disney Financial Systems, you will team with the best in the business to create and build in one of the most innovative teams in any industry. Uniquely positioned at the center of The Walt Disney Company, the forward-thinkers within this particular Financial Systems team are responsible for supporting Forecast & Planning process and the financial management needs of the Disney Financial Systems Department value stream through the pursuit of new ideas and technologies that drive business value.
We are looking for a self-motivated, agile team-player who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, is willing to challenge existing solutions, and has a proven ability to create and maintain collaborative working relationships with cross-functional teams and their leaders. The ideal candidate possesses experience with planning/forecasting system e.g. Longview, Anaplan, Cognos TM1, Workday Adaptive Planning and knowledge of business processes and will use that knowledge to negotiate and drive alignment across the broader Finance organization and cross functional partners.
- Translates strategy into specific priorities, objectives and action plans
- Connects their segment & process priorities to the greater organizational goals.
- Makes sound business decisions that balance competing priorities
- Participates in the strategic business planning with business units (within Segments and across the Enterprise) and IT to formulate enhancement options to address specific functional issues / requirements
- Recommends and implements process improvement/reengineering initiatives
- Liaises with IT to drive system enhancements, upgrades and modifications; ensures architecture supports business requirements
- Manages smaller scale/budget, lower risk, and single-process focused projects.
- Leads the design, resource management, implementation and support of finance system solutions for each Segment and the Enterprise
- Effectively communicates with management, stakeholders, subject matter experts and project team members
- Assists in developing project infrastructure for team (i.e. templates, project management methodology and execution)
- Assists in the development of project plans specifying goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling, identification of risks, contingency plans and allotment of resources for each phase of the project
- Coordinates & executes project activities to ensure project progresses on schedule
- Monitors project results against objectives, milestones and scope.
- Develops and solution testing, training and communication.
- Obtains project signoff of completion and appropriately close-out
- Collaborates and solves problems
- Promotes teamwork both internally and externally
- Manages team resources and ensure they are utilized appropriately
- Proactively recruits, retains and develops a diverse range of talented people
- Supports productivity and morale of the team
- Ability to positively confront issues and resolve conflict with sound judgment
- Ability to define a clear vision and motivate others to embrace change
- Direct management of governance and finance system compliance in accordance with company policies, standards and SOX requirements
- Applies expert knowledge and understanding of financial and US GAAP accounting principles to our systems and business processes
- Proactively identifies and troubleshoots issues (data or process) and take appropriate action to resolve
- Manages end user support and training. This includes request management (incidents/system enhancements) and training (standard materials, course design and delivery)
- Manages testing efforts for system implementations, enhancements and modifications
- Coordinates testing with end users, IBM staff and peers supporting other Disney business units
- Ensures orderly, accurate and timely completion of all required test scripts, localizes test scripts as necessary to ensure each Segment’s specific business needs are addressed
- Completes the most complex tasks and projects
- Experience in Finance Transformation initiatives
- Minimum of 5 to 7 years work experience with financial or accounting, preferably in a large SAP installation
- Minimum of 5 years working with SAP or other ERP systems
- Experience working for large company and within a matrix organization
- Experience with Longview product suite
- Experienced in using the Microsoft Office applications (e.g., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Project)
- Experience in using SAP or another ERP
- Management experience
- CPA or CMA license, or equivalent
- PMP or other professional project management certification
- Six Sigma certification
- Experience in using Business Objects and/or Cognos reporting tools
- Experience developing end user training
- Experience implementing financial processes and systems
- Experience using systems designed to manage issues, changes and testing (e.g. Service Manager, Rational Team Concert, ALM)
Required EducationBachelor's Degree, or equivalent work experience
Accounting, Finance, Information Technology, Business, or a related field
Preferred EducationGraduate Degree
Finance, Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems, or a related field (e.g., MAC, MBA, MIS)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.