Manager -Horticulture/Pest ManagementApply NowApply Later Job ID 785085BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 07, 2021
- Lead a Culture of Safety and Inclusion.
- Ensure safe practices by Disney Cast Members, BVCC Loan Labor and Contractors.
- Complete understanding and active involvement in Disney's safety work processes such as LOTO, RAC, MOT, Fall Protection, Hazard Alignment, dig permits.
- Ensure that all Cast Members perform their role with the 5 Keys top of mind.
- Lead, train and develop Cast Members.
- Attract and retain exceptional talent through long range succession planning and development.
- Build strategic relationships with peers, clients, partners and vendors.
- Seek out collaborative opportunities with partners and vendors that result in bottom line savings.
- Collaborate with other lines of business throughout FOS, WDI and other WDPR teams to leverage processes and share best practices.
- Follow departmental and Walt Disney Co guidelines on all operational responsibilities and monitor productivity and labor.
- Identify scope, schedule work and be a results driven leader.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant leadership experience.
- Familiarity with Disney's Horticulture's best practices, all phases of landscape maintenance and installation including turf, trees, shrubs and bedding plants.
- Valid US Driver's License
It would be great if you also have:
- Associate or Bachelor of Science Degree in Horticulture or related field
Additional Information:Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.