Manager of Projects, Facility Asset Management (FAM)Apply NowApply Later Job ID 2006411320220223 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Manager of Projects oversees the operational success of the department by ensuring seamless team management and development, project delivery, quality control and evaluation. This includes direction and implementation of construction projects, ensuring consistency with department strategy, commitments, and goals. Develop and lead multiple complex projects while managing budgets, schedules, risks and constraints. Develop and evaluate construction program models and controls while selecting and delivering innovative projects.
You will report to the Manager of Programs.
- Lead and mentors team to prioritize and accomplish high-impact project activities. Train individuals on project management processes, professional development and uphold ways to incorporate diversity within the team.
- Ability to clearly communicate a direction and engage the team to work towards a goal while being able to adjust to changing situations.
- Lead team to develop projects that achieve stakeholder goals and provide creative solutions to maximize value while finding delivery efficiencies.
- Influence partners and peers to support project solutions while facilitating and inviting diverse points of view.
- Develop bid strategies including administration of contracts, scope of work, creative bid alternates, and operational constraints.
- Overseeing portfolio schedules, helping establish project planning tasks to ensure schedule compliance, and ensuring man loading requirements by contractors to achieve the desired completion date. Foresee issues based on historical precedence by anticipating and mitigating known risk.
- Coordinate operational constraints and job goals concurrently to achieve seamless project implementation. Including communication with partners, clients, and leadership regarding project status, schedule, financial and guest impacts.
- Knowledgeable with multiple software programs, such as SAP, Microsoft suite, and project management tools. Use project and contract management systems to manage the daily operation of the business.
- Oversee the issuance of field directives, obtaining costing concurrence from Estimating, conversion to change orders, and management approvals to ensure accurate Estimated Final Cost reporting and job closeouts. Develop a project capital authorization request, and build mitigation of operational impacts into the process.
- Make suggestions to lessen the operational impact and negotiate with operators to implement projects in the most cost-effective manner.
Basic Qualifications :
- 7+ years of experience in Architecture, Engineering, or Construction Management, or commercial facilities construction industry.
- Knowledge of construction methods and the ability to interpret design drawings and specs.
- Knowledge of construction and project management processes, and purchasing/contract management.
- Expertise with construction finance (budgets, cash flows, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience leading a team
- Facilitation skills
Preferred Qualifications :
- Experience driving effective decision-making with executive leaders across all project phases.
- Experience with multiple complex projects while managing risks and constraints.
Required Education :
- Bachelor's Degree from a 4-year college or university in Architecture, Engineering or Construction Management.
Preferred Education :
- MBA/Graduate Level Degree
- PE license
- PMP certification
Additional Information :
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.