Manager of TechnologyApply Now Apply Later Job ID 658676BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 16, 2019
Job Summary:This scope of work includes Big Data Analytics & Machine Learning technology projects delivery across multiple business areas. Information Advantage (IA) team under DPECP Technology is tasked with building Big Data Analytics & Machine Learning capabilities and platform. As a Sr. Manager for that team, you will be responsible for leading the delivery and execution of multiple Data Analytics and Machine Learning projects.
- Building and leading multiple development and delivery teams consisting of Product Managers, Data Engineers, Software Developers, Data Scientists and Project Managers. These teams will be a combination of cast members and contractors (onshore and offshore).
- Directly oversee, mentor, and develop the technical staff and supervise the technical delivery of these engineers and developers.
- Responsible for technical analysis, effort estimation, product and system design, evaluating architectural fit and compliance, resource schedules, delivery milestones, and overall product quality.
- Responsible for fostering and developing relationships with business stakeholders, providing thought leadership, and asserting influence by driving projects to completion effectively and efficiently
- Engage with research and business stakeholders and help drive AI/ML strategies and identify areas where business problems that can be solved in creative ways utilizing data and the power of algorithms
- Lead and work with other product managers, engineers and data scientists to implement and efficiently scale machine learning solutions that are used to create magical experiences for our guests and push the boundaries of operational goals
- Drive research and development, proofs of concept, technology currency initiatives, and customer interactions that lead to the development of best-in-class machine learning platforms
- Oversee operational support and maintenance of products and services delivered by the AI/ML team
- Build best practices used in day-to-day operations and working with business units to plan, design, and implement large-scale projects in machine learning space
- Manage a variety of diverse - and sometimes conflicting – requests, priorities, and activities. Candidates will need management and communication skills to interact with people at all levels, within DPECP Technology and across the Walt Disney Company.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and staff
- Ensure that products across DPECP Technology are created in a platform-centric manner.
- Enforce and grow a culture focused on quality
- 4+ years of experience leading AI/ML practice/programs and 10+ years of experience in technology especially in data management space.
- Mastery in at least two high-level programming languages such as Python, Java, or Scala (10+ years)
- Mastery in SQL and experience with relational, analytical, in-memory, and NoSQL databases (10+ years)
- Deep understanding of the Product/Technology Platform's underlying Technology stack and its core components - Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Apache Atlas, Kafka, etc
- Expert level experience with cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure
- Expert level experience with ML frameworks: TensorFlow, SparkMLlib, PySpark, Torch, Caffe, H2o, etc
- Expert level experience delivering production-level online machine learning solutions leveraging large data sets that have led to significant growth or performance improvements
- Ability to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging scalable architecture patterns
- Strong systems integration Architecture skills and a high degree of Technical expertise, ranging across a number of technologies with a proven track record of turning new Technologies into Business Solutions
- Capability to educate the organization both from technical and the business perspectives on new
- approaches that will drive adoption of the ML Framework
- Experience in leading discovery processes with stakeholders to identify the business requirements and the
- expected outcome
- Passionate about data, technology, and challenging the status quo
- Proven experience providing technical mentorship to junior team members
- Comfortable working in a team environment using Agile methodologies
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and fortitude to get stuff done
- Demonstrate the following scientist qualities: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic,
- significance, fairness and aptitude for original research
- Comfortable with both technical and business responsibilities, you will be working with engineers, data scientists and business masterminds to build products and solve complex problems
- Experience in a large media or technology company.
- Success at delivering large scale technology delivery projects on-time and on-budget.
- A comfort level with complex, matrixed organizations containing a certain amount of ambiguity
Preferred Qualifications:Master’s degree in computer science or related field/work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.