Manager of Technology
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 702122BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 18/09/2019
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences and Products (DPEP) brings stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts to apps, books, console games and much more. The business is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, leading retail and e-commerce businesses – Disney store and shopDisney.com – as well as renowned artists, storytellers and technologists who inspire imaginations around the world.
As a member of the DPEP Technology & Digital team, this Manager role will be responsible for delivery and sustainment of Resort Sales technologies and applications. These applications include eCommerce, Reservation Sales, Inventory Management, Product Catalogue and Pricing, Group Reservations, CRM and multiple integration services supporting Walt Disney Parks and Resort’s business units spanning multiple sales channels including web, mobile apps and Call Center. The successful candidate requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various hardware, and software, and platforms and a strong track record of implementing best-fit technically architected solutions that align to business goals. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments, and have experience with delivering highly integrated scalable, resilient and mission critical solutions. This is a highly collaborative role where partnership with many different non-technical lines of business other technology teams will be critical.
- Manage day-to-day activities of database administration team managing database platform on building and leading world class multiple cross-functional delivery teams consisting of software engineers, web developers, application architects, testers, business analysts, and others. These teams will be a combination Cast and consultants in various locations (onshore and offshore).
- Directly oversee, mentor, and develop the technical staff and supervise the technical development delivery of those developers.
- Responsible for forecasting, budgeting, Cast development, technical analysis, evaluating architectural fit and compliance, delivery milestones, and overall product quality.
- Manage a variety of diverse - and sometimes conflicting – requests, priorities, and activities. Candidates will need management and communication skills to interact with people at all levels, within WDAT and across the Walt Disney Company.
- Manage sustainment for Tier 1 applications, ensuring compliance requirements, problem resolution goals, and resiliency/availabilities goals are met.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups and staff
- Enforce and grow a culture focused on quality and guest-centricity.
- 5+ years of development experience.
- 5+ years managing highly technical professionals.
- Full software development lifecycle experience in delivery practices using agile concepts – design, development, CI/CD, testing and deployment.
- Expertise in dynamic development technologies using Java, PHP, Angular, NodeJS and relational databases.
- Experience with the creation development and consumption of SOAP and REST Web Services.
- Solid understanding of application architecture, distributed systems, connectivity technologies, web hosting, mobile technologies, cloud technologies, advanced network protocols, client-server technologies, applications development and multi-vendor environments.
- Success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on-time and on-budget.
- A comfort level with complex, matrixed organizations containing a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is the effective for each respective group.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field/work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.