Already applied?View Dashboard
Manager Programs-RCESApply Now Apply Later Job ID 737330BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products,Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 03/10/2020
ResponsibilitiesOn any given day, as a Manager, Programs you would:
- Provide daily leadership to approximately 15 Salaried and Office and Technical Cast Members engaged in RCES Project Management functions
- Typically manage 100 to 125 contracted projects with an annual budget of $50M to $60M
- Lead a culture of safety through active and caring engagement with Cast Members to support our vision that “no one gets hurt”
- Be responsible for overall project safety, obtaining final approval for contractor submitted safety plans and compliance to the project safety plan. Includes compliance to all regulatory (OSHA) requirements, corporate governance requirements and RCES specifications, standards and operating guidelines
- Be responsible for the development, planning, execution and closeout of all aspects of the project throughout the project life. Includes project design, development, implementation, budget, cash flow reporting and maintaining accurate EFCs for financial reporting, and maintenance of all job files
- Closely manage project timelines and schedules to manage client expectations and ensure minimum impact to Customer and Utility Operations
- Provide support for the administration of contracts including scope of work, unit costing items, and bid alternates and operational constraints required for contract preparation
- Be responsible for the project schedule, establishing critical path task to insure schedule compliance and ensuring proper man loading requirements of the contractor to achieve the desired completion date
- Conduct regular project site walks to monitor safety compliance and installation progress, build teams in the field and monitor project progress
- Work with contractors to resolve, and correct as necessary, design or construction problems. Develop and recommend necessary change orders
- Ensure compliance with contracts and the on-time and on-budget completion of contracted work
- Prepare reports regarding the schedule and financial performance of RCES projects
- Ensure key stakeholders are informed and aware of project status
- Enjoy the perks and benefits of working for The Walt Disney Company, including movie screenings, deep discounts on things you can really use, and free entry to our Parks using your Gate Pass!
Basic QualificationsHere’s what you’ll need to be successful at this job:
- Ten years of project management or construction leadership experience working with utilities, telecommunications or other underground construction experience
- Detailed knowledge of safety standards, practices and training
- Strong computer skills; working knowledge of Microsoft office products with the ability to learn other software applications including Project Management software
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools and principals involved in production of technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models
- Demonstrated experience working in a complex environment with robust project management and contracting processes
- Understanding of construction procedures in all disciplines (electrical, mechanical, civil) including an understanding of environmental and OSHA requirements. Ability to learn and apply local RCID codes requirements
- Mechanical aptitude and ability to perform work in a variety of field environments
Preferred QualificationsIt would be great if you also had experience with:
- Knowledge of utility scale electric distribution, transmission or substation project or construction management
- Bachelor’s Degree and ten (10) years of related experience or Associate’s Degree with twelve (12) years related experience is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in technical field is preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Photo Imaging, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Photo Imaging, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.