Manager, QA Automation
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 864188BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 28, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, we are storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
The Disney Parks, Experiences & Products Technology and Digital team combines custom technology solutions with creativity to produce robust applications that enhance all aspects of the guest experience. From one of the most sophisticated hotel reservation systems in the world to Disney Cruise Line shipboard systems, Disney Vacation Club member services, FastPass ticketing, PhotoPass, and even inventory applications to ensure we have the right number of cast costumes.
As a Quality Assurance Manager, you will work with the Ticketing / Dine Sales and Booking Technology teams supporting both the Walt Disney World and Disneyland suite of web and mobile applications. The individual for this position should have a passion for analysis, design, implementation, and testing of operations based work. We seek forward-thinking team members who are passionate about delivering a quality product and enjoy working closely with business partners on both strategic and tactical challenges. Candidate should have good verbal and written communication skills, and be able to work independently as a self-starter, utilize good time management skills, and function well within a diverse team.
- Leads a team of Software Engineers in Test delivering web and mobile test automation
- Defines the architecture, methodologies, models, standards and frameworks for web and mobile automation
- Analyze and communicate test results and defect tracking
- Participate in the review of QA procedures and processes and provide recommendations for improvement
- Innovate in automation, Agile and continuous testing practices
- 10+ years software test experience
- 3+ years in a technical leadership role
- Strong programming skills in one or more programming languages (Python, Node JS)
- Experience with build/deploy tools (Jenkins, Docker)
- Understanding of both web and mobile test automation
- Understanding of web technologies, including web services, web application servers and RESTful APIs
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Ability to be highly flexible to quickly changing business needs and new technologies
- Ability to proactively reassess business needs and make suggestions to meet those needs
- Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail
- Experience in test framework design and development – Selenium WebDriver and Appium preferred
- Experience with device testing using Sauce Labs
- Experience in software application development is a big plus.
- B.S or M.S. degree in Computer Science or other Technology related field or work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.