Manager, Site DesignApply NowApply Later Job ID 10019587 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 02, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
shopDisney is the global direct to consumer e-commerce retailer for TWDC, connecting audiences across the globe with exclusive, high quality merchandise from Disney Parks, Disney+ and nearly 100 years of content and characters. At the heart of this shopping experience is storytelling, and we are looking for a multi-disciplinary creative leader to bring our storytelling to life across platforms.
In this role, your objective is to lead a team of creative professionals to develop concepts and design the assets that are deployed across Disney's digital platforms, e-commerce sites, retail stores, email messages, social campaigns, advertisements, and native mobile apps. As a design leader, you will inspire design thinking, creativity, and development to efficiently execute the delivery of exceptionally crafted digital experiences across devices, channels, and screens. With a commercial mindset, this role will partner closely with merchandise, marketing and operations teams to deliver weekly, seasonal and franchise-oriented campaigns through principled standards representative of the quality – and Magic – that our customers expect from Disney.
This role will report to the VP of CPC Marketing Strategy.
- You will inspire the creative team to continually enhance the design aesthetic
- You will manage, grow and mentor a team of designers
- You are a storyteller who will develop and provide compelling creative solutions across brands, product collections, and customer groups
- As a collaborative partner, you will work closely with multiple partners to use relationships and create opportunities for continuity across evolving Omni-channel business
- As part of the shopDisney global creative team, you will work with the shopDisney Product Design team to develop standards and document relevant reusable UX components and patterns
- As a curious, interested and engaged leader, you stay informed on evolving technologies and how they will create personalized ecommerce experiences
- You have a deep awareness of commercial and creative industry trends, and ability to translate that knowledge to drive continuous relevance for ever-evolving customer expectations and affinities
- You are a highly organized self-starter who will manage multiple projects and priorities
- You will share ideas, opinions and suggestions regardless of the audience
- 5+ years professional experience within retail, ecommerce or a creative agency
- 5+ years experience leading a creative team
- Hands-on digital design experience and a solid grasp of UI/UX, IA, and technology
- Excellent understanding of digital marketing, web standards, best practices and Web 2.0
- Experience in web marketing, web design for ecommerce and development principles with a knowledge of Photoshop, HTML, and FTP
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, After Effects, Premiere) Sketch, Invision, Figma Knowledge of Disney brand, stories, characters a plus
- Creative, graphic design and photography background including concept development, art direction and copywriting
*** Please include a link to your portfolio on your resume**
- Experience working in ecommerce for a lifestyle or fashion company
- Knowledge of project management software, JIRA
- BA, BFA in Creative Field or equivalent experience
Check out this video to learn more about Consumer Products, Games & Publishing: CPGP Overview Reel!
Our Benefits: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
This role is located in Orlando, Florida
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Shopping, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Shopping, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.