Manager, Technology - Infrastructure Operations Enablement
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 784091BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 26, 2021
Job Summary:“We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
As a member of the Reference Architecture team focusing on Infrastructure solutions, this Manager role within Walt Disney Attractions Technology (WDAT) will focus on infrastructure and operations enablement. The product-focused team delivers reference architectures across the following product spaces:
- Cloud Compute and Storage - AWS EC2, Azure VM, AWS ECS, Kubernetes, AWS S3, Azure Blob Storage, AWS EBS, etc.
- Network Services – BIND, Route53 Resolver, SMTP relay, AWS SES, AWS ALB/NLB, Azure Application Gateway as well as custom applications for load balancer management
- Infrastructure Configuration Management – Chef Infra, core OS configuration cookbooks
- Orchestration Platform – Rundeck, Micro Focus Operations Orchestration, and our internal automation platform
The successful candidate will have a background in a related technical discipline but bring strong agile (Scrum, Kanban, SAFe) methodology experience, process thinking, and experience leading a diverse team of highly skilled technical resources. We are a complex heterogeneous technology environment and it’s highly preferred that you bring experience with delivering integrated, scalable, resilient, and mission-critical solutions. This is a highly collaborative role where the partnership with many different non-technical lines of business and other technology teams will be critical.
Your role as manager will be “hands-on” in addition to providing technical and management direction across the portfolio. A leader with a strong history of driving team performance and transforming teams to an agile operating model. Exemplary leadership and communication abilities (both verbal and written) are a must as this role will partner closely with business and technology leadership in delivering systems.
- Ensure multiple concurrent ongoing projects and team objectives are resourced effectively to accomplish goals.
- Manage day-to-day activities of software engineers, systems engineers, and technical architects, both on-site and offshore, in the support, maintenance, and enhancement of the product portfolio.
- Coaching and mentoring resources to develop, maintain and retain a best-of-class engineering team.
- Properly manage project timeline and financials including budget, cost, invoices, budget supplements, and change orders.
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed.
- Effectively communicate, negotiate, and resolve conflict with and among teams, peers and leaders.
- Manage a variety of diverse - and sometimes conflicting – requests, priorities, and activities. Candidates will need management and communication skills to interact with people at all levels, within WDAT, and across the Walt Disney Company.
- Manage sustainment for the platform, ensuring compliance requirements, problem resolution goals, and resiliency/availability goals are met.
- Develop and manage effective working relationships with other departments, groups, and staff
- Enforce and grow a culture focused on quality and guest-centricity.
- 3+ years managing highly technical professionals.
- Experience managing an engineering team and delivering large-scale initiatives utilizing agile
- Ability to effectively work across all levels of the organization and partners
- Demonstrated ability to embrace and drive organizational change
- Success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on time and on budget.
- A comfort level with complex, matrixed organizations containing a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Ability to share and communicate ideas clearly, both orally and in writing, to business sponsors and partners, technical resources, and executives, in clear concise language that is effective for each respective group.
- 5+ years of development, Systems Engineering or DevOps experience.
- Expertise in Cloud infrastructure technologies and design
- Expertise in dynamic development technologies using Java, PHP, Angular, NodeJS, Ruby on Rails, and relational databases.
- Experience with the development and consumption of REST Web Services.
- Experience with web-based Java/Java EE architectures
- Experience in a large-scale environment
- Experience operating with a multi-origin hybrid (cloud and on-prem) environment
- Experience managing production container environment
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field/work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.