Manager, Application Support (TravelBox Platform)
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 779475BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 05, 2021
Job Summary:As a member of Disney’s Parks, Experiences, and Products Technology team, this Manager role will be responsible for leading the TravelBox Platform Operations, Security, Change, and Delivery of Projects. This role will partner and collaborate with multiple business partners, Security, Solution Engineering, project, and dependent technical engineering teams to drive business outcomes. Strong technical leadership is critical to mature the use and implementation of the TravelBox product, as well as build the technical knowledge and skills needed to expand and support our business.
TravelBox is a business-critical 3rd party product in Walt Disney Parks and Resorts and is continuing to evolve and grow in its maturity and use across the organization. The successful candidate requires technical knowledge and skills that are broad and deep, covering various software and platforms, and a strong track record of implementing best-fit technically architected solutions that align to business goals. The candidate must be comfortable operating in complex heterogeneous technology environments and have experience with delivering highly integrated scalable, resilient and mission-critical solutions. This is a highly collaborative role where the partnership with many different non-technical lines of business and other technology teams will be critical.
- Relentless focus on Stability, security, and sustainability of complex Tier 1 critical applications for Marketing, Sales, and Operations functions of DPEP.
- Partner with the TravelBox vendor, CodeGen, to set priorities and schedule deliverables for software releases; build strong relationships, collaborate on improvements of our use of the product and the evolution of our process to deliver on business outcomes.
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed.
- Assist in troubleshooting to resolve production issues, and perform root cause analysis with emphasis on corrective action planning activities requiring service design changes (technology or process).
- Participate in application portfolio planning, migration, and growth on cloud infrastructure (Amazon Web Services (AWS)).
- Review and approve changes to the environment to ensure alignment to business requirements and the operational readiness of the change prior to implementation.
- Facilitate improvements through collaboration across the program resulting in improved system/service stability and availability.
- Lead and mentor world-class multiple cross-functional delivery teams consisting of platform engineers, application architects, business analysts, and others. These teams will be a combination Cast and consultants in various locations (onshore and offshore).
- Ensure multiple concurrent ongoing projects and team objectives are resourced effectively to accomplish goals.
- Meet with stakeholders, vendor partners and customers on a recurring basis to review team priorities, execution and pertinent business/delivery updates.
- Responsible for technical analysis, effort estimation, product and system design, evaluating architectural fit and compliance, resource schedules, delivery milestones and overall product quality.
- Display technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, Automation, quality assurance, delivery, operations and sustainability of technical solutions.
- Effectively manage project/solution timeline and financials including budget, cost, invoices and contracts.
- Resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies.
- Ensure team is tightly integrated with key technology and functional partners (Solution Engineering, LOB).
- Enforce and grow a culture focused on efficiency, secure, and guest-centricity.
- 5+ years of development experience.
- 5+ years managing highly technical professionals.
- Experience managing 3rd party owned products and the integrations into complex environments.
- Full software development lifecycle experience in delivery practices using agile concepts – design, development, CI/CD, testing, and deployment.
- Experience with SOXs and security compliance guidelines.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with high-scale architectures, patterns, and technologies, specifically Java and Event-Driven Architecture.
- Experience with Java/J2EE architectures.
- Experience working with cloud-based architected systems and knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS, Google Cloud, Azure.
- Experience creating architectural designs that incorporate resiliency and performance.
- Experience in a large media, technology or internet company.
- Success at achieving sophisticated technology goals on time and on budget.
- A comfort level with complex, matrixed organizations containing a certain amount of ambiguity.
- Experience leading teams supporting enterprise-scale solutions from both business and technical perspectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communications, proven ability to develop and deliver presentations geared for Executive Management.
- Proven experience managing software development lifecycle platforms and tools.
- Experience with the creation and consumption of SOAP and REST Web Services.
- Troubleshooting skills that span systems, network and code.
- Experience in a large-scale environment.
- Bachelor’s in computer science, engineering, information systems, or related field/work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.