Already applied?View Dashboard
Managing ConsultantApply Now Apply Later Job ID 725502BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products,Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 12/06/2019
The DDSI Data Integration (DI) team is looking to fill a leadership role directing team members (cast and contractor) working on multiple initiatives and sustainment within the Forecast Analytics (FA) portfolio of projects, supporting multiple park locations.
This position will be responsible for planning, resource/task assignments, work effort tracking, partnering with MSI, Decision Science and Technology team members, design/code reviews, executive reporting and representing the DI team at project meetings. This role will lead a team responsible for various activities around data validation, data requirements definition, and data aggregation development for Science Models, data batch processing, and ad-hoc activities required by the projects. The role is expected to function in a hybrid capacity splitting time between leadership and hands-on development tasks. The project team primarily leverages Python, Spark, PySpark, SparkSQL, and Hadoop/Hive in their development and sustainment work efforts.
Basic QualificationsWhat We're looking for:
- Minimum of 8+ years’ overall work experience having served in a technical role
- 3+ years’ experience leading development teams – task planning, level of effort definition, resource assignments and task management
- 3+ years’ experience and proficiency in SQL (on a variety of database platforms)
- 2+ years’ experience and proficiency in Python, Spark, and Hadoop
- Experience and proficiency with data visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
- Solid understanding of AWS
- Solid understanding ETL and ELT tools and processes
- Demonstrated partnering and communication skills; able to shift readily between technical and non-technical terminology depending on audience
- Experience and proficiency in requirements elicitation and documentation for data processing
- Experience and proficiency in developing data validation test scenarios and scripts
- Proficiency acquiring, organizing, cleansing, analyzing and manipulating large amounts of data
- Proven sense of responsibility and the ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities
- Knowledge of software design lifecycle data
Preferred QualificationsHow you stand out:
- Experience with project management tools, including Smartsheet and Version 1
- Hands-on experience interacting with Technology teams to promote code across multiple environments
- Experience with Github/Gitlab for code versioning and promotion
- Experience with Docker for software deployment
- Experience with Databricks and/or Snowflake
- Bachelor degree with specialization in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or other quantitative field
- Master’s degree with specialization in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Economics, Business Analytics, or other quantitative field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.