Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Marketing & Communication Strategic Sourcing Internship: Fall 2019Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 625304BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Jan. 07, 2019
Job Summary:"We make magic." That's our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you'll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Responsibilities:The Marketing & Graphic Communications Strategic Sourcing team is responsible for the sourcing and production of print-related projects and marketing services. This comprises of working with internal and external creative agencies to develop technical specifications, identifying appropriate materials and processes, obtaining proposals and conducting negotiations, project management and quality assurance.
Represent a unique opportunity to assist with projects in our Strategic Sourcing Marketing & Graphic Communications team which includes:
- Providing support for Sourcing Print and Marketing related projects including project management and interfacing with internal stakeholders and external suppliers
- Participating in the review of printing project requests to determine production method solutions, materials and supplier options and specification development
- Developing and executing requests for proposals and quotations
- Participating in supplier negotiations
- Performing data analysis to identify opportunities for value creation and potential cost reduction (improved quality, cost, service and compliance)
- Oversee centralized supplier data base updates and participate in supplier presentations
- Performing external market assessment and opportunity analysis, ensuring efficient supply chain methods
- Developing and managing stakeholder and supplier relationships and contract implementations
- Developing and executing sourcing strategies in alignment with business initiatives and priorities.
Basic Qualifications:What you bring to the role:
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Ability to take ownership and drive projects to completion with minimal supervision
- Professional demeanor, focused, articulate and well organized
- Pursuing a degree related to graphic communications, marketing, business administration, supply chain logistics, economics or finance with a minimum 3.0 GPA. (cumulative, no rounding)
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student status by arrival date
- Currently pursuing, or recently graduated with, an MBA
Additional Information:Internship Eligibility:
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must not have already completed one consecutive year of employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must possess a valid US driver's license
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
- Current Active Disney Cast Members must meet Professional Internship transfer guidelines (for Walt Disney World Cast Members this is no more than four points and one reprimand in the last six months; for Disneyland Cast Members this is six months of consecutive service and a performance record clear of any disciplinary issues (warnings, suspensions, etc.) for at least six months)
Location of position: This position has opportunities in Lake Buena Vista, FL
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2019 - December 2019. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Application Deadline: The deadline to apply for this internship is February 8, 2019.
Recommendation – Print This Role Description: Strong candidates may be invited to complete a phone interview. We strongly encourage applicants to print a copy of this role description so they can refer to it in the event they are selected for a phone interview. Note that this role description will not be accessible once the posting is closed.
College transcripts (official or unofficial) - Please upload your transcript while completing the online application
To upload this document:
- Log into your dashboard
- Click the second tab "Applications"
- Select "Submitted Applications"
- Click on the title of this position
- Click the "Add Files" button
- Under what you want to add, select "Transcript"
- Be sure your document is saved in this format: FirstName_LastName_Transcript
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.