Mechanical QC InspectorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 789286BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted 04/30/2021
The Mechanical QC Inspector is more than just someone with a mechanic background. They conduct inspections on sheet metal, plastics, extrusions, bar stock, and complex castings and complete assemblies for use throughout the property. The Mechanical QC Inspector should understand complex mathematics and geometric tolerances. This position primarily supports manufacturing activities in a production shop environment.
- Inspect machined and fabricated parts and sub-assemblies
- Set up tooling or equipment as necessary to conduct inspections
- Complete various mechanical inspections
- Conduct dimensional inspection(s) on manufactured parts in accordance with engineering drawings
- Cast members may be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience performing dimensional/mechanical inspections
- Experience with machine shop practices • Knowledge of inspection tools and what they are used for
- Knowledge of geometric tolerancing and advanced shop mathematics
- Ability to read and work from blueprints, schematics, sketches, and verbal instruction
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in standard office software programs and mobile electronic devices
- Maximo experience
- CMM Programming
- Visual NDT experience
Additional Information:Schedule Availability:
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. Schedules and start times are subject to vary.
©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity
keyword: WDW Hourly
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.