Mgr-TechnologyApply NowApply Later Job ID 10007933 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Manager of Technology within the Business Operations team leads and manages a team of high performing Data Analysts, Engineers, BI Architects and Software Engineers that provide engineering solutions to complex business problems, build robust products, run top priority initiatives, provide scientific estimation for the solution, and build roadmaps and technology strategy. The Manager will play an integral role in partnering with internal Technology leaders within the Segment on all aspects of planning and analysis that encompass the DPEP technology portfolio. This role will be required to prepare and present analysis. In addition, he/she will work closely with Business Application teams, Enterprise Technology, DPEP Segment partners, Portfolio Managers and other areas to help analyze portfolio data and prepare support for monthly/quarterly and annual reporting. Manage infrastructure governance program and automate request responses to reduce SLA timing.
- Lead analysis, develop insight and craft communications for a range of deliverables, including: annual forecasts, annual and long-term operating and strategy plans and capital/expense budgets and investment requests
- Management of Supplier Fees, Corporate Allocations and SAP forecasts across DPEP Segment
- Analyze Technology strategy related to cloud services, servers, storage, application consolidation, business development/research & innovation
- Recognize and offer opportunities to optimize costs
- Utilize various planning tools (SAP, Excel, Comsci, MyPPM)
- Lead ad-hoc systems analysis
- Lead a team of salaried employees and hourly contractors
- Design and implement reporting system to track and manage infrastructure and maintenance costs
- Automate analysis for infrastructure costs to aid in development of strategic decisions
- Must understand Enterprise Technology chargeback billing and be able to help design future state using Taxonomies and cost centers
•Excellent leadership, communication and presentation skills
•Proven experience influencing business and technology leadership
•Demonstrated professional written, verbal, and presentation communications skills.
•Solid understating of project and program management principles
- Advanced business intelligence knowledge and skills
- Functional understanding of Cloud environments and ready to help with strategic position for Cloud
•10-15 years’ experience in technology
•Experience working in a multi-national and multicultural environment
•Ability to be flexible with work schedule and travel requirements
•Demonstrated strong organizational and time management skills
- In-depth understanding of DPEP TD infrastructure design and vendors
•Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience, is preferred
•Master’s degree in Engineering, or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.