Multiple Roles, DDSI Data EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 839588BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jul. 30, 2021
The Data Engineering team (within DDSI) is seeking candidates for roles at multiple levels. The specific job level for an individual candidate will be determined based on their education, prior experience, and demonstrated technical and leadership proficiencies.
The team is involved in various activities ranging from data acquisition and validation, designing and implementing ETL/ELT data pipelines, designing and implementing databases, and evolving our next generation data platform to fulfill the needs of our applications, data services, ad-hoc analytics and self-service/POC initiatives.
Responsibilities:Work assignments may cover activities such as data requirements gathering, source-to-target mapping, data validation scripting and review, data visualization, developing and monitoring ETL/ELT data pipelines, designing and implementing database schema/tables/views, implementing data services API’s, performance tuning, and evolving our data analytics platform. Beyond the needs of projects, team members may participate in the architectural evolution of our data engineering patterns, frameworks, systems, and platforms including defining best practices, standards, principles, and policies.
Technologies generally leveraged to fulfill the work include, but not limited to, SQL, Python, Spark, PySpark, SparkSQL, Hadoop/Hive, Docker, Gitlab, Airflow, Kafka, Lambda, Snowflake, and PostgreSQL.
- Experience with Python
- Experience with SQL
- Knowledgeable in designing, building and maintaining ETL/ELT data pipelines
- Strong understanding of relational database design and proficiency utilizing a database such as PostgreSQL, Teradata, Redshift or MySQL, Snowflake
- Solid understanding in the differences between application databases vs. data warehouses vs. data lakes
- Experience working with large datasets and big data technologies, preferably cloud-based, such as Snowflake, Databricks, or similar
- Knowledgeable on cloud architecture and product offerings, preferably AWS
- Experience with developing in a multi environment (Dev, QA, Prod, etc.) and procedures for code deployment/promotion.
- Experience managing and deploying code using a source control product such as GitLab/GitHub
- Experience with Spark, PySpark and/or Scala
- Experience utilizing Hadoop and/or Hive
- Experience leveraging containerization technologies such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with data streaming vs. batch data processing
- Hands-on knowledge of job scheduling software like Apache Airflow, Amazon MWAA, or UC4
- Experience leveraging AWS Glue, Apache Kafka, Talend or Apache NiFi
- Understanding of NoSQL databases and best use scenarios for products such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J or Redis
- Involved in driving best practices around data engineering software development processes
- Bachelor’s degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field preferred)
- Master’s degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field preferred)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.