Nutrition Assistant SpecialistApply NowApply Later Job ID 782940BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 03, 2021
- Deliver uncompromising excellence in animal care & welfare through outstanding animal nutrition
- Provide the highest quality of animal nutrition as part of the ASE animal wellness program
- Inspire guests to conservation action by sharing information about the science of animal nutrition
The ANC Nutrition Assistant Specialist will report directly to the ANC Zoological Managers and will function as a lead in the food preparation area of the Animal Nutrition Center, responding to walk in requests, phone calls and general food prep questions in addition to all responsibilities of Nutrition Assistants. The ANC Nutrition Assistant Specialist will interface closely with the ANC Zoological Managers, ANC Data Clerk Specialist, ANC Nutrition Assistants and partnering cast/clients. The ANC Nutrition Assistant Specialist will help to cover some duties of the Zoological Manager or the ANC Data Clerk Specialist when out of the office (afternoons, days off, vacations, etc). This position must adhere to safety guidelines and maintain sanitary conditions as outlined in the ANC SOG, communicating inventory changes or needs and maintaining proper receipt, storage, rotation and labeling of all food items. They share responsibility for ensuring that facilities and all equipment are maintained in a safe and orderly fashion. This position must have a practical understanding of Basic Nutrition and Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and how they apply to animal health and welfare, a working knowledge of Disney’s computer systems (e.g. Excel, ZooDIETs) and a general knowledge of USDA guidelines. The ANC Nutrition Assistant Specialists will interact on a regular basis with Animal Husbandry, Maintenance, Horticulture, Education and other partnering departments. This position is responsible for maintaining a cohesive, efficient work environment in the Food Prep area in addition to covering a prep station or deliveries. The ANC Nutrition Assistant Specialist is part of a team and must work effectively in a team environment including mentoring the Nutrition Assistants. Nutrition Assistants provide nutritional information and conservation messages through Guest and Cast interactions and magical moments. This position will have some opportunity to expand their leadership skills though courses and interaction with the nutrition leadership team. The Animal Nutrition Center is a 7 day a week operation with regular operating hours between 5 am-4 pm, however extended hours may apply.
- Practical understanding of basic animal nutrition
- Computer skills including data tracking of food prep items
- Experience working in a large team environment.
- Understanding food preparation processes and skills needed for the job, including experience with different types of food preparation equipment
- Demonstrated ability to portion food items using standard weights and measurements (U.S. and metric).
- Ability to move 200 pound carts daily.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and team lift 75 pounds (more or less) throughout the day.
- General knowledge of HACCP parameters, food processing equipment, WDW Food Safety & Health Guidelines, and USDA inspection guidelines.
- Ability to perform the duties of Nutrition Assistant, Nutrition Assistant Driver, ANC Data Clerk Specialist or Zoological Managers as needed.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license and personal mode of transportation to travel to and from the workplace and to behind-the-scenes work locations.
- Full availability for any shift, seven (7) days per week, including weekends and holidays.
- Nine years combined post high school education and food preparation experience.
- Minimum 5 years of experience working directly with food preparation at a zoological institution or related field.
- Familiarity with the Disney diet database system (ZooDIETs)
- Familiarity with the Disney ordering systems (SAP, NALA)
- Timeliness – able to meet deadlines and complete tasks within specific time frames
- Able to help others meet deadlines and timeliness expectations
- Ability to give and receive feedback professionally
- Ability to use propane forklift and electric pallet jack.
- Ability to safely operate a 14-foot box truck.
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Nutrition, Zoology, Animal Management or related fields.
- Master's degree in Biology, Nutrition, Zoology, Animal Management or related fields.
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.