Operational Risk AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 742706BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Partners Federal Credit Union Date posted Feb. 25, 2020
The Operational Risk Analyst will primarily perform duties such as; processing credit/debit card case closures, reviewing transaction reports, loans, and other risk prevention systems with an emphasis of detecting, preventing, recovering, and mitigating fraudulent activity, researching and conducting investigations into fraud cases, and the review of security reports, surveillance systems, loss portfolio trends, and other data as needed. The Operational Risk Analyst also facilitates contact with members and employees in order to verify account activity, investigate fraudulent claims, or provide recommendations and education related to fraud prevention and related topics. This position also entails leading and supporting the plastics fraud prevention and processing programs by conducting meetings with vendor stakeholders, designing fraud prevention strategies, and by intelligence gathering and sharing activities. Additional duties also include the review and production of reports consisting of complex data, the processing of various credit/debit card back-office functions, the successful interrogation of various risk and financial processing systems, the support of ongoing risk related projects and initiatives, and the ability to produce complex reports, such as; criminal complaints, fraud loss summaries, executive summaries, trend analysis, etc. This role entails performing basic and foundational risk analyst duties up to more complex tasks in support of the overall enterprise risk management mission.
Due to the sensitive nature of the assigned duties, the ability to maintain discretion, confidentiality, and professionalism are a requirement.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Certified Fraud Examiner or other fraud related professional industry certification(s), or must obtain said certification within 12 months as a condition of employment.
- 3-5 years experience in financial services (banking, credit union, card processor, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years of fraud experience
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong administrative skills
- Excellent analytical, organizational, business acumen, and report writing skills
- Demonstrated strong proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to handle multiple assignments concurrently - organization and time management skills a must
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Working knowledge of Reg. E, Z, CC, D, BSA, and related banking regulations and guidelines
- Demonstrated strong human relations skills with an emphasis on providing quality member service
- Ability to build and maintain strong collaborative relationships with business partners
- Working knowledge of fraud industry and banking operations
- Working knowledge of card services and related processes
- Working knowledge of enterprise risk management principles & frameworks a plus (i.e. COSO, FFIEC, etc.)
- Ability to be a team lead, provide guidance and training to junior teammates
- Ability to present information as needed in an appropriate and professional manner
- Basic financial and accounting skills (Manage GL’s)
- Team Oriented and focused on the mission
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance and/or equivalent experience
About Partners Federal Credit Union:
For more than 50 years, Partners Federal Credit Union has delivered The Partners Difference to our more than 175,000 members, with the highest levels of service, value, access and convenience. Plus, a full array of financial products you’ll find at the biggest banks, including savings, checking, loans, wealth management and the latest in innovative account access. And always with an exclusive connection to The Walt Disney Company that ensures a level of quality unsurpassed in banking. Named one of the 2019 “Best Credit Unions to Work For” by Credit Union Journal, Partners is truly Cast Members serving Cast Members, creating a genuine bond and commitment to service that no other financial institution can match. Join and discover that at Partners, we honor membership for life — because members can confidently rely on us at every stage of it. And because of our connection to The Walt Disney Company, every person who works for Partners is also a Disney Cast Member/employee.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Partners Federal Credit Union.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.