Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Parks Program Development Intern, Summer/Fall 2023Apply NowApply Later Job ID 10039212 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney World Resort Date posted Jan. 25, 2023
Be a part of an innovative culture...
The Parks’ Project Team. We support the WDW Theme Parks Operations Teams by preserving the Guest and cast experience while facilitating Park related construction projects from BlueSky development through the implementation and opening phases, representing the operation and minimizing disruption. The Intern will support the project teams in these endeavors.
Some recent successes include:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind
- Connections Café & Eatery
- Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge
A day in the life...
- Managing projects as assigned and providing required updates to key stakeholders
- Developing presentation materials
- Maintaining and updating project photo documentation, schedules, maps and weekly updates
- Performing site walks to verify show conditions
- Showcasing flexibility with day-to-day scheduling dependent on project needs ranging from administrative duties in the office to walking project sites with clients
- Partnering with internal and external clients and guests
- Compiling and distributing notes from meetings and blueprint document reviews
- Assisting with park wide communication on behalf of the Project Team
- Developing and maintaining a positive working relationship with Cast Members, clients, and operating areas
What we are looking for...
- Demonstrated planning and organizational skills
- Being a motivated self-starter capable of multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Proven verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to take direction, prioritize, meet deadlines and problem solve
- Accountability to handle confidential information
- Strong proven time management skills
- Experience delivering exceptional Guest Service
- Computer Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Software programs
- Skilled in graphic design and presentation
- Understanding or familiarity of engineering disciplines
- Knowledge of WDW theme parks
- Current student or recent graduate pursuing a degree in Project Management, Construction Management, Engineering, Architecture or closely related field.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from college within the past six months OR be currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be compliant with The Disney Look appearance guidelines
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Must provide own transportation to/from work
Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are June 2023 through January 2024. Interns must be fully available for the duration of the internship.
Housing: This internship is based in Orlando, FL. A limited amount of company-sponsored housing is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
About Walt Disney World Resort:
Since opening in 1971, Walt Disney World Resort has played an important role in many childhood and family memories. Today, hundreds of millions of guests from around the globe visit this magical place to enjoy a Disney vacation. Through a combination of creativity, innovation and technology, the resort immerses guests in classic Disney tales and new kinds of family entertainment. Drawing from a rich heritage of storytelling, Walt Disney World Resort cast members bring Disney magic to life through unmatched attention to detail and superior guest service.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney World Resort.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.