Performance Analytics & Insights Data Intern - Summer 2022
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 877715BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Nov. 18, 2021
Job Summary:The Enterprise Technology mission is to deliver technology solutions that align to business strategies while enabling enterprise efficiency and promoting cross-company collaborative innovation. The Enterprise Technology organization drives competitive advantage by enhancing our consumer experiences, enabling business growth, and advancing operational excellence.
Responsibilities:The Data intern will support the Enterprise Technology organization by developing and delivering metrics and reporting solutions that expose ‘actionable insights’, modernize the way we consume data, and make data driven conversations the norm. Using an array of tools and experience with relational databases, the intern will support the team in the establishment of Performance Analytics & Insights Center of Excellence (CoE), making both data and context accessible through live connections, scheduled subscriptions, and mobile friendly dashboards.
- Must have familiarity writing complex scripts using SQL or Python
- Proven experience with Business Intelligence techniques and tools such as Tableau Server, Service-Now and Business Objects
- Familiarity with Automation technologies and Service Management domains and processes
- Experience with large data driven projects where data is being sourced from multiple systems
- Technical experience that includes data modeling is a plus
- Familiarity with big data platforms including ex. Splunk, etc.
- Experience/ familiarity with R, Python, or other statistical computing packages
- Familiarity with developing and deploying streaming and batch data pipelines capable of processing and storing data quickly and reliably utilizing AWS, Snowflake, or similar tools
Required EducationCurrently enrolled undergraduate/graduate student studying Computer Science, Data Science, Data Analytics or related field at an accredited college/university and returning to school following the internship.
- At the time of application, must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must provide full work availability
- Program Length: The approximate dates of this internship are May/June - August/September 2022. Interns must be fully available for the duration of a 12-week assignment.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.