PH-Assistant Producer (Interactive Game Assistant Producer)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 723969BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 13, 2019
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
The Assistant Producer is a Creative team leader responsible for achieving and maintaining the creative vision and for ensuring the implementation of that vision through the project life cycle. This includes managing the execution of Creative deliverables and collaborating with Project Leaders to achieve common objectives. The Assistant Producer must be able to guide and articulate the concepts and experiences that define the creative vision and to motivate the team responsible for providing input to support its development
Responsibilities:With general guidance from the Senior Show Producer:
- Enjoys organizing, coordinating, and strategizing with a team, is detail oriented.
- Coordinates with the game design creative lead and works day to day with game vendor.
- Collaborates with show technical teams to manage the integration of software and hardware elements of interactive.
- Manages and coordinates large scale playtests (sometimes playtests occur over weekends).
- Manages mockups for the creative team and conducts reviews.
- Helps build high level presentations for leadership.
- Manages all interactive meetings and follows up on action items.
- Informs overall project schedule with updates from interactive process.
- Communicates with partners such as legal.
- Communicates effectively among different disciplines (engineering/programming and creative).
- Comfortable with a flexible schedule, typical for Imagineers (3rd shift and weekends are sometimes required).
- Available for frequent travel to vendors (up to 2 times a month, 3-4 days in a trip).
- Works hand and hand with the overall project producer.
- Lead and manage the design team from concept to final installation.
- Focus on completion of creative deliverables and develops work around plan to manage risk.
- Understands the “big picture” and knows how the creative process works in order to execute the creative vision.
- Effectively influences the change in scope as needed.
- May be involved in the negotiation of creative contracts.
- Interfaces with Project Managers and other creative leads.
- Partners with team leaders to organize proof of concept mock-ups and document the results.
- Manages outside media requests and special projects.
- Media & Music Specific: Manage & participate in media shoots of increasing complexity.
- Project scope: Works on assignments of moderate complexity from concept to completion.
- Communicates and interacts with all levels of individuals within the project environment.
- Makes decisions commensurate with scope of project.
- Interprets and communicates show concept and design intent, from a variety of sources.
- Minimum 3 years related experience
- Film, Theater or Design experience
- Proficiency in Research tools
- Ability to organize multiple layers of documentation
- Training in project management in arts, theater or entertainment
- Computer proficiency with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, PhotoShop, and the Internet
- Knowledge of facility design (architecture, interiors, graphics, etc.)
- Knowledge and experience with theatrical technologies, i.e. – lighting, effects, audio, projection, set design and construction, stencil paint, etc.
- Knowledge of Ride Systems
- Knowledge of scope, schedule and budget planning and mitigation
- Knowledge of creative process and deliverables
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Media & Music Specific: Knowledge of Media Production technologies and pipelines.
- Media & Music Specific: Knowledge of facility design, theatrical technologies and ride systems not required.
- Willingness to travel both domestic and international as required
- BA/BS in theater, film, design or entertainment preferred.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.