Already applied?View Dashboard
PH-Associate Project EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 482001BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 06, 2018
Job Summary:Responsible for the technical coordination and integration of the Environmental Design and Engineering (ED&E) disciplines during the course of a specific project, land, or park including coordination of ED&E efforts with Creative, Show, and Ride.
- Assist Project Engineer or Design Manager in the architecture and facilities engineering project coordination and integration from conceptual design through construction of themed entertainment projects. This includes:
- Assists in facilitating technical coordination of A/E design documents, models, specs, basis of design among Environmental Design & Engineering (ED&E) design disciplines and across WDI Divisions (Show, Ride, Creative), and in consideration of programmatic requirements (Operational Stakeholders)
- Assists in coordinating the document release process between disciplines and document control specialist (plot coordination, repro and digital/physical distribution)
- Assist in organizing and facilitating big room/ICE (Integrated Concurrent Engineering) sessions, design reviews
- Assist with quality assurance and control, both of design documentation as well as field construction
- Assist in the resolution of questions arising from construction documents, field conditions and contractor requests for information
- Tracking of facility punch lists
- Coordinate document release process between disciplines and document control specialist (plot coordination, repro and digital/physical distribution)
- Provide technical input to other project team members as required to assist with project decision-making and settling of contractor change orders
- Resolve questions arising from construction documents, field conditions and contractor requests for information
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Working knowledge of Building Information Management (BIM)
- Knowledgeable in the use of computer technology in the CADD generation of drawings
- Interact and communicate with the project team, including the discipline leads or key department representatives.
- Solicit support from the design manager and department head as needed to resolve issues.
- Graduate of an accredited school of engineering or architecture with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- Advanced degree desired but not required
Additional Information:©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.