(PH) Digital Designer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 873527BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 11, 2021
Job Summary:At Disney, and within DPEP Technology & Digital, our people are critical to our success. Working together as one team, our 3,200+ DPEP Tech & Digital Cast Members converge digital and physical worlds to bring the magic of the Walt Disney Company’s powerful brands and franchises – including Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, ESPN, 20th Century Fox, and National Geographic – into the daily lives of families and fans around the world to create magical memories that last a lifetime.
The Communications & Experience team work on behalf of the Office of the Chief Technology Officer to inform, educate, and inspire Cast Members. From day-to-day internal communications to cast recognition programs, culture initiatives, and over-the-top events, the team makes magic come alive for Tech & Digital Cast Members.
As a Digital Designer, you will create compelling designs that tell stories, enhance the employee experience, bring people together, and celebrate cultures. You will serve as a design generalist and should feel comfortable and confident moving across mediums – from print to digital to video – to ensure content is delivered effectively to a diverse population. You will take ownership of a variety of email newsletter designs and contribute to the design of assets that will support new and existing employee programs.
**Must provide link to design portfolio**
- Design engaging and innovative experiences that tell a story and enhance the employee experience.
- Serve as a primary design resource for a variety of internal employee communication and engagement initiatives including events, training courses, and executive town halls.
- Create branded assets, including but not limited to HTML emails, logos, flyers, posters, web and social graphics, invitations, presentation slides, and web pages.
- Create marketing emails that effectively communicate the message and goals requested. Own full email cycle campaigns from ideation to execution.
- Collaborate with copywriters to incorporate messaging and strategic call to action into designs.
- Collaborate with communications and design team members, clients, and other cross-functional peers on projects from start to finish.
- Apply exceptional attention to detail and craft, ensuring development fully reflects design specifications.
- Expertly communicate design theories and best practices to peers, stakeholders, collaborators, and internal clients.
- Keep up with industry trends and identify areas for process and design improvement.
- Interpret, infuse, and leverage Disney’s unique collection of brands and properties into designs.
- 3+ years of experience in digital design or related experience
- Strong knowledge of and experience in graphic design, illustration, web design, and multi-media required
- Proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite specifically, Photoshop, Illustrator, In Design, and After Effects
- Experience with email marketing tools like MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, etc.
- Experience with website content management systems like WordPress
- A solid understanding of and hands-on experience applying graphic design principles and best practices
- Ability to work with little to no supervision in delivering high quality work and is capable of effectively collaborating with global, cross-functional teams as needed
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present, and influence credibly and effectively
- Strong project management, interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills
- Self-motivated and able to thrive in a result-driven environment
- Previous experience working with international audiences
- Previous experience working in a matrixed corporate environment
- Familiarity with Disney’s communication internal and external approval processes, tone and brand guiding principles, and internal distribution platforms
- Experience with basic video editing
- Experience or interest in copywriting
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent work experience) in graphic design, illustration, fine arts, or other relevant field of study.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.