Already applied?View Dashboard
PH-Electrical Engineer PrincipalApply Now Apply Later Job ID 553419BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Oct. 17, 2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
This family is responsible for electrical engineering including design, analysis, calculations and specifications for low and medium voltage power distribution systems; emergency power, generators and UPS standby systems; lighting systems and controls; fire alarm systems; communication systems; and HVAC controls for an individual facility/attraction, area development, land, or theme park project
- Responsible for electrical engineering design, analysis, and calculations for large or highly complex projects at the land-level, or such projects that require advanced technical specialty (i.e. medium voltage systems) within the electrical Engineering function with no supervision
- Perform peer reviews of work product of other department staff
- Serve as a technical expert, role model and mentor to junior staff
- With minimal supervision, responsible for electrical engineering design, analysis, calculations and specifications for multiple attractions of medium complexity
- Organize and develop project design criteria and engineering work plans for projects of varying complexity
- Monitor work progress and ensure that technical quality, interdisciplinary coordination and production requirements are met
- Monitor performance against the project design schedule, budget and earned value
- Become completely familiar with and be able to edit electrical sections of WDI master specifications
- Solicit peer reviews of work product
- Take responsibility for obtaining building department approvals when required
- Answer construction bid period questions and respond to and resolve field issues and questions
- May have Engineer of Record responsibility
- Provide administrative direction to in-house engineers and designers, and to outside consultants in the production of construction contract documents
- May lead a large team of electrical engineers and designers on large, complex or multiple projects at the land-level through all phases of design
- Develop scopes of work, engineering soft cost design estimates and resource plans
- Work independently without supervision
- Provide support and oversight of design services during construction including review of submittals, RFIs, and field design sketches.
- 12 or more years of work experience in electrical engineering
- A minimum of 5 years managing the work of electrical engineers and designers in the production of contract documents for construction
- Experience designing building electrical systems and campus-wide power and communication systems
- Working knowledge of Revit and Navisworks
- Working knowledge of electrical engineering, including current technologies and codes
- Working knowledge of electrical medium voltage power distribution systems
- Working knowledge of electrical low voltage power distribution systems
- Working knowledge of lighting systems and controls
- Working knowledge of HVAC system controls and VFD's
- Working knowledge of fire alarm systems
- Working knowledge of communications systems
- Working knowledge of emergency power systems, generators, and UPS standby systems
- Detailed familiarity with the use of arc flash hazard, short circuit and coordination analysis software
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Graduate of an accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional registration in Electrical Engineering
- An advanced degree in the electrical engineering field is desirable
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.