Project Hire-Project Controls EstimatorApply NowApply Later NOTE: We have a new application system, please create a new account if you have not done so yet when applying. Job ID 7118408020220405 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Aug. 11, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
Job Family Description:
Responsible for establishing the capital budget during conceptual and monitoring the design for adherence to the budget throughout the remaining project life
- Under general direction of the Principal or Executive, performs all previous responsibilities independently. In addition:
- Responsible for estimating on all assigned projects including new Theme Parks. These complex projects involve all aspects of work including sitework, shows and rides, interior finishes, design, engineering, etc
- Ensures all working documents and data are maintained to back-up estimate figures
- Participates in estimating, negotiating and settling all change orders during the implementation; In most instances, the engaged Construction Manager or the responsible individual for professional or Show/Ride services will perform these functions under the supervision of the Project Estimator who serves as an advisor to the Project Manager
- Provides complete conceptual through bid estimates and includes final input on complex projects
- Reviews and estimates proposal specifications, drawings, attend pre-bid meetings, etc. to determine scope of work and required contents of estimate
- Interfaces with owner, A/E, and other contractors to provide engineering and cost data regarding project feasibility
- Tracks awarded contracts as assigned – may include estimating extra work items, change orders, credits, procuring materials, etc
- Provides design staff and project team with cost guidance during all phases of project
- Tests estimates for reasonableness based upon comparable/equivalent historical experience
- Develops total project Estimated Final Cost (EFC) with project team and divisions; reviews with Project Division and Senior Management for concurrence
- Oversees development of total project EFC estimate for capital authorization. Coordinates discrete estimates/bids based on the scope/design documentation and implementation plan from Divisions, Construction Manager, outside vendors and/or outside services; The Principal Project Estimator, along with the project team, is responsible for ensuring completeness of any estimate
- Participates in estimating, negotiating and settling all change orders during the implementation
- Ability to resolve conflicts and negotiates successfully
- Ability to provide guidance to the project team and to Associate Project Estimators as applicable
- Demonstrated decision-making and relationship building ability
- Minimum 4 Years estimating, cost control, and/or engineering experience (minimum 2 years estimating experience) in similar facility or ride construction strongly desired
- Four year degree in Construction Management/Engineering, Architecture or Engineering or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.