Already applied?View Dashboard
PH-Project CoordinatorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 502022BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks & Resorts Brand Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Apr. 23, 2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
The Project Coordinator is responsible for coordinating the quality, schedule and scope of Company projects by ensuring streamlined communication, product movement and process flow from concept design through implementation and closeout. This position provides integration and project leadership comprise the project team. The Coordinator must consistently maintain a bottom-up, broad perspective across all disciplines in order to ensure that all aspects of the work are covered and no efforts are duplicated.
- Assist in managing entire scope of a small project or scope of work which is self-contained and definable
- Develops and/or maintains scope lists, EMS, show lists, deliverables matrixes, shipping documents, and design input matrixes across all divisions of work
- Gathers Design input and distributes communication
- Prepares closeout documentation for appropriate archiving and SQS use
- Monitors meetings and other communications and provides updates as necessary in order to ensure proper integration and to resolve issues in a timely manner
- Creates and assists disciplines in creating presentations on project status
- Coordinates mock ups, show installation and vendor liaison issues
- Developing leadership skills to work in team environment
- Participate in peer review sessions
- Directs own tasks under immediate supervision of Sr Project Coordinator or SD&P Manager
- Change Management -- Coordinates information by collecting and verifying document change information for presentation of solutions
- Assists in the process of hiring outside vendors and the professional bid package for the SD&P discipline
- Minimum 3-5 year related experience
- Ability to coordinate through conflict and problem-solve issues to resolution
- Computer literacy (MS Office Suite)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to take direction, adapt to change, establish relationships, and work in a team environment
- Ability to integrate collaboration within the project team
- Appreciation for an integrated design and production experience with multiple disciplines
- Degree in theater, environmental design, or entertainment-related field preferred
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.