Already applied?View Dashboard
PH-Project Design Manager SeniorApply Now Apply Later Job ID 564595BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Jul. 19, 2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Responsible for coordinating, planning and managing the Environmental Design and Engineering (ED&E) disciplines during the course of a specific project, land, or park including coordination of ED&E efforts with Creative, Show Design and Production, and Show Ride with accountability for the financial health of the project/s.
- Provide architecture and facilities engineering project management and technical leadership from conceptual design through construction of multiple themed entertainment projects of critical importance to Imagineering and The Walt Disney Company
- Act as the representative of the ED&E division on the project core team responsible for Division Vice President and the Project Manager for the ED&E design process and product
- Coordinate with functional management on staffing/costing and strategy issues
- Direct the activities of in-house staff and outside consultants in the preparation of construction contract document
- Ensure coordination of multi-discipline architectural, environment design and engineering scopes of work, including integration of all show and ride system requirements and facility impacts
- Assemble and manage design schedules, labor estimates and budgets
- Provide technical and administrative directing to maintain project costs within budget with appropriate cost and schedule tracking and reporting
- Ensure conformance to all divisional standards and procedures
- Oversees design/build consultant as the owner's representative
- Make recommendations on bid packages
- May act as Project Architect on venue assigned when we self-perform
- Directs, leads for multiple venues assigned
- Day-to-day technical design management for multiple venues assigned
- For venues assigned: Senior level Project leaders
- Project Management for status of project and issues. Participates in and contributor to weekly project staff meetings
- 10 to 15 years’ experience
- Broad knowledge of the field of design and engineering for commercial building construction, including industry practices, construction methods, codes, technology, integration of multiple design and technical disciplines in the preparation and use of contract documents in all phases of design, engineering, and construction
- Knowledgeable in the use of computer technology in the CADD generation of drawings and as a project management tool in administration, planning, and finance
- Graduate of an accredited school of engineering or architecture with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree.
- Advanced degree desired but not required
- License desirable or equivalent work experience
Additional Information:©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.