Already applied?View Dashboard
PH-Resort Wide Systems Engineer Sr - Telecommunications/Low VoltageApply Now Apply Later Job ID 619441BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Mar. 13, 2019
Job Summary:Perform Resort Wide Systems Engineering activities related to resort wide telecommuncations, alarm, and low voltage systems.
- Lead an engineering team in the production of designs, documentation for complex projects through all phases of engineering design, production, installation, testing, and documentation for Telecommunications and Low Voltage Systems.
- Develop project specifications and design documents with emphasis on complex telecommunications and low voltage systems involving systems design and integration, procurement and installation.
- Must stay versed on current telecommunications, security alarm, and other low voltage systems technology worldwide.
- Ensure conformance to department standards and procedures.
- Provide project engineering manpower and schedule planning in support of estimating activities for Telecommunications and low voltage systems.
- Review final contractor documentation and review as-built drawings for all low voltage systems.
- Lead an engineering team in the production of engineering designs, documentation for multiple projects through all phases of engineering design, production, installation, testing, and documentation.
- Review final documentation and review as-built drawings.
- Lead & Supervise field technicians and support personnel as required.
- Supervise Vendor design activities and resolve technical conflicts between Vendors.
- Direct designers in the preparation of detailed facility and electronic equipment drawings. Percent time leading 50%
- Interaction with Resort Wide Systems project team daily. Regular communication with project and Creative team as well as Resort/Corporate Representatives (ops and maintenance/IT) up to daily. Builds relationships with country local codes and norms, local authorities who have jurisdiction
- 7 to 10 years or more desired experience
- Develop unique systems specifications.
- Knowledge of complex telecommunications, alarm, and low voltage systems.
- System Integration
- Current on evolving industrial and theatrical technologies.
- Must be able to travel to all sites, as required, for periods of one to six weeks or more. Relocations for up to a year or more may be required.
- Ability to present technical concepts in manner understandable by non-technical people.
- Desire a State Professional Engineering License in Electrical
- BICSI RCDD Certification (Desired)
- Bachelor’s Degree Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering
- Master’s Degree Electrical/Electronic/Computer Engineering preferred
Additional Information:©Disney is an equal opportunity employer. Drawing Creativity from Diversity.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.