Already applied?View Dashboard
PH-Resort Wide Systems SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 595014BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Oct. 17, 2018
Job Summary:"We create happiness.” That’s our motto at Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. And it permeates everything we do. At Disney, you’ll help inspire that magic by enabling our teams to push the limits of entertainment and create the never-before-seen!
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Perform Resort Wide Systems Engineering activities related to resort wide telecommunications, alarm, and low voltage systems.
- Translate systems user's functional requirements into design requirements.
- Follow department telecommunications and low voltage systems standards and procedures.
- Develop specifications and standards adopting new systems standards.
- Responsible for following a design of systems through to successful operation and turnover.
- Support Facility design for equipment details such as utilities including electrical power and equipment cooling/heating loads.
- Review and authorize for release detailed, layout and design drawings of telecommunications and low voltage systems.
- Resolve design conflicts and revise systems requirements.
- Direct designers in the preparation of systems equipment drawings.
- Insure the checking of systems design drawings.
- Finalize requirements for network drops and for all telecommunications systems requiring network connectivity.
- Follow developed telecommunications infrastructure standards for the design of the project's telecommunications infrastructure.
- Provide low voltage systems Contractor support and verification of first article assembly and bench testing.
- Verify systems installation against drawings and requirements.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation conflicts, interferences and other problems.
- Verify system performance against requirements.
- Review final low voltage systems Test and Adjust and acceptance testing documentation against deliverables.
- Update Systems Matrix to identify the project systems requirements.
- May lead consultant or vendor in execution of project level assignments.
- May lead an associate level Resort Wide Systems engineer in execution of a project level assignment.
- May lead a consultant in or staff member in creation of build documents and drawings.
- May lead a vendor in the production of Electronic Equipment.
- May spend up to 30% of time leading.
- Leading project teams through the design and installation of Resort Wide Systems. Mentoring Associates and Interns. 20 Percent of time
- Interaction with Resort Wide Systems project leader weekly. Communication with project team and Creative representatives on a weekly basis. Interaction with Resort/Corporate interfaces (ops/maintenance/IT) on a weekly basis.
- Negotiate external needs from other disciplines to support the ingrated systems.
- 3 years of more in related field plus Five (5) years relevant experience in lieu of engineering degree or two (2) years relevant experience with an Engineering Technology degree
- Scheduling Methods / Experience (required)
- Estimating Methods / Experience (required)
- Telecommunications design (required)
- Manage & Supplement Vendor
- System Integration
- Alarm systems design
- Field Integration (Test & Adjust)
- Engineering Analysis
- Disney Telecommunications Infrastructure standards.
- UL / NEC / ASTM
- Must be able to travel to all sites, as required, for periods of one to six weeks or more. Relocations for up to a year may be required.
- Desire a State Professional Engineering License in Electrical
- AA, Engineering Technology, or other related degree desired, but not required.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.