PH-Sr Software Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 781922BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 21, 2021
Job Summary:Senior Application Developer with expert Java skill-set, capable of designing APIs, understanding of XHR, UML diagrams, and architecting complex systems. Responsibility will include collaborating with Solution Engineering and Product teams in the delivery of Technical Design and Estimations of planned work for Disney Cruise Line's website. In addition, candidate will be active in code reviews with third party vendors. May need to perform development tasks as needed. Primary project will include Call Center Parity.
- Lead design, code reviews, and assist software architects..
- Owns the design and development of software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications.
- Pilots software on new technologies.
- Solve problems by collaborating across multiple teams across Technology, Product, and Design.
- Recommends improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
- Five to eight years of developing Java RESTful applications for enterprise or consumer use.
- Experience working in and leading an Agile Team consisting of product, design, QA and development.
- Strong foundation in CS Fundamentals, especially around best practices in code quality and design patterns
- Expert on Java 8+.
- Significant experience developing and consuming Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Experience in the AWS eco-system.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The position requires frequent communication with senior leaders, technical colleagues and partners across several different geographic locations and time zones
- Proven ability to work with all members of an extended and diverse project team
- Must be detail-oriented, self-organized, be committed to quality and be capable of tracking multiple issues simultaneously
- Candidate must have mentoring and guidance skills to provide oversight and direction to contractors and internal members of the software development team
- Ability to handle virtual teams and work with resources in multiple sites (onsite, offshore, near shore)
- Excellent time management skills
- Support on-call response to critical operational issues; be able to work beyond normal hours and support implementation transition activities and hyper-care shifts as needed.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.