PH-Structural Engineer SrApply Now Apply Later Job ID 716220BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 01, 2019
Walt Disney Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. Its talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects.
Responsible for structural engineering including design, analysis, calculations and specifications for structural steel, concrete, masonry and timber buildings, structures and other miscellaneous items of an individual facility/attraction, area development element, land, or theme park project.
- With minimal supervision, responsible for structural engineering design, analyses, calculations and specifications for larger projects of medium complexity
- Organize and develop project design criteria and engineering work plans for projects of varying complexity
- Monitor work progress and ensure that technical quality, interdisciplinary coordination and production requirements are met
- Monitor performance against the project design schedule, budget and earned value
- Become completely familiar with and be able to edit structural sections of WDI master specifications.
- Solicit peer reviews of work product
- Take responsibility for obtaining building department approvals when required
- Answer construction bid period questions and respond to and resolve field issues and questions
- May have Engineer of Record responsibility
- Provide technical direction to in-house engineers and designers, and to outside consultants in the production of construction contract documents
- May lead a small team of structural engineers and designers in the production of construction documents for multiple attractions of medium complexity through all phases of design
- May direct US-based consultants to whom design is outsourced for WDI projects world-wide
- Develop or assist in developing scopes of work and structural engineering soft cost design estimates
- Work independently with minimum supervision, and be able to thrive in a highly collaborative, multi-discipline project team environment
- May lead structural condition assessments being performed internally or by consultants
- 6 or more years of work experience in structural engineering
- A minimum of 2 years managing a team of structural engineers and designers in the production of contract documents for construction
- Construction phase experience including the submittal/shop drawing review process and on-site field inspections
- Professional registration in Civil Engineering
- Working knowledge of structural engineering including current technologies and codes
- Knowledge of the use of 3D CAD and analytical software for structural engineering design
- Registration as a California or Florida SE is highly desirable
- Graduate of an accredited engineering school with a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil/Structural Engineering.
- An advanced degree in the structural engineering field is preferred
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.