Already applied?View Dashboard
PH/TA(P)-Graphic Fabrication DesignerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 641255BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Mar. 07, 2019
Job Summary:Environmental Graphic Fabrication Designers who develop signage and show graphics that help tell the stories in Disney Theme Parks and Resorts worldwide.
- May supervise Design Services consultants as required
- Required to organize and develop scopes of work, hard cost budgets and schedules for projects of limited complexity and size
- Responsible for quality, timeliness and effectiveness of project team effort
- May answer vendor questions during Graphics fabrication bidding process
- May supervise Graphics Installation contractors in the field
- Prepares Facility impact documents to meet project schedules
- Supports development of fabrication specifications
- Provides design support and production coordination for Environmental Graphic Design projects
- Provides fabrication support for WDI graphics project team
- May be required to organize and develop a scope of work in support of hard cost budget and schedule for projects of limited complexity and size
- Shares responsibility for quality, timeliness and effectiveness of project team effort
- Monitors budget hours for assigned tasks
- Monitors hard costs for adherence to project budget
- Supports the Environmental Graphic Signage cost estimating process through collection of data for review
- Working knowledge of Disney Business practices that relate to the hiring and management of fabrication vendors
- May work independently on assigned projects
- May direct the work of a design intern
- Regularly communicate and coordinate with others in the department, and as part of a larger, multidiscipline project team
- May represent Graphics at project team meetings or vendor shops
- Communicate regularly with a supervisor or lead on assigned tasks
- Supports implementation of project goals/objectives through problem-solving and development of design solutions
- Minimum three years of experience in Architecture, Project Management or related field
- Familiarity with BIM standards
- Familiarity with documentation necessary for developing biddable documents
- Demonstrated commitment to producing high quality work
- Demonstrated ability in Creative Suite 6 or digital illustration tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Revit and MS Office Suite required
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to collaborate effectively in a multi-disciplinary team environment
- Understanding of specific application of drafting principles and techniques as applied to environmental graphics construction documentation
- Ability to listen well and take direction
- Knowledge of related areas, including architecture, interior design, area development, etc.
- Knowledge of Environmental Graphic design and sign construction techniques preferred
- Familiarity with signage code requirements preferred
- Proficient in Rhino and AutoCad experience preferred
- Internal Disney experience a plus
- Entertainment experience preferred
- BA/BS degree from an accredited program preferred
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.