PH-Technology Infrastructure Support SrApply Now Apply Later Job ID 572594BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 26, 2018
Job Summary:Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research arm of The Walt Disney Company’s (TWDC) Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, the talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The WDI Technology Studio is looking for talented Technology Infrastructure Support Sr. to create and deploy the next generation of infrastructure technologies that will support the creation of guest experiences in upcoming attractions and venues. This role requires work on a wide range of software and hardware for highly distributed performance computing and infrastructure services for local and remote studios/projects.
The Storage and Infrastructure team is the support backbone of Walt Disney's Imagineering project technology. Our Technology Infrastructure Support Sr.'s embody the passion for transformation and workflow advancements utilizing brand new creative technologies. The Storage and Infrastructure team is one part technical operations, one part project management, and one part infrastructure architecture and support. Our Technology Infrastructure Support Sr.’s must have exceptional experience administrating a global technical infrastructure to push initiatives while partnering with other teams. She/He must be very proactive in nature and thrive in a lean and well managed environment of exceptional talent. A passion for change and creativity is a must.
Responsibilities:As a Technology Infrastructure Support Sr. you will have a collaborative role in building, monitoring and maintaining of all technical aspects for our global team. You will create efficiencies and make great products and services. You will partner closely with all of Disney Enterprise Technology, and other Technology teams as well as leadership. The Technology Infrastructure Support Sr. is a hands-on job with a strong technical components. You must have the ability to interact positively with our project leaders.
- Partner closely with Disney Enterprise Technology teams on in-house pipeline software projects and adoption
- Be part of the a team responsible for production hardware offering and support
- Continue to grow the global team responsible for providing cutting-edge technology to our global projects
- Ensure healthy and smart growth for proper scalability
- Understand global regional, technical needs
- Centralize and streamline workflows and technical operations through code
Basic Qualifications:Industry Experience
- 5-10+ years within entertainment technology including experience with storage platforms and networking hardware, data lifecycle
- Working within an Agile workflow or knowledge of it and the willingness to work within an Agile workflow
- Previous experience working in an end user tech support role is a plus
- Experience in AWS hosting services
- Strong fundamentals in networking protocols and troubleshooting
- Familiarity in distributed computing environment concepts; local and network based user and group accounts and permissions
- Knowledge of best practices around data security
- In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Chrome OS, Windows 7 & 8, Linux and how they relate to Stornext and Netapp
- Knowledge of imaging and system management software including Chef, Bigfix and Ansible
- Backup, archive, restore, snapshot workflows and data lifecycle procedures
- Experience with partnering with external vendors to maintain enterprise technology
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
- Ability to document procedures
- Scale out NAS experience (Netapp,Isilon)
- Clustered Storage (Qumulo)
- Ethernet (Arista,Mellonox)
- Fiber Channel (Brocade)
- Aspera, Jira Service Desk ,Bigfix, Ansible, Chef, Active Directory, Deadline, DHCP/DNS
- Python, BASH, JSON, JQL, Relevance, PowerShell
- Mysql, Microsoft SQL Influxdb Elastic search Redis Mongodb
- Bachelor degree in computer science, electrical engineering, computer engineering, or equivalent experience.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.