PH-Visual Effects Designer SrApply Now Apply Later Job ID 572485BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Sep. 20, 2018
Job Summary:The Visual Effects Designer is responsible for the design, production and installation of digital video media content for Disney theme parks, resorts and attractions worldwide. They partner with WDI show teams to create, develop and implement all digital media content used on a project from pre visualization thru show installation. This position requires industry leading skills in digital media design, motion graphics, visual effects production, 2D and 3D animation, digital compositing and post production as well as demonstrating a broad knowledge in the latest projection techniques, digital media delivery systems, 3D technology and digital compression.
- Broad knowledge of Disney theme parks and attractions media production methods and pipeline.
- Professional Motion graphics design and 2D animation
- Motion Picture Visual effects design
- Production pipeline strategy
- Film and Video Editing
- 3D Modeling
- 3D Animation
- Digital Compositing
- Color Correction
- Digital media formats and compression
- Working knowledge of Disney special effects projection systems
- Working knowledge of Disney media playback systems
- Working knowledge of Disney show programming methods.
- Supervise installation of media assets on location.
- Must have an active passport and be able to travel.
- Working knowledge of Disney network and render farm.
- 2D motion graphics track: Proficiency in one or more of the following, Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, ,Illustrator, Premiere) Apple Final Cut Pro, Resolve.
- 3D graphics track: proficiency in one or more of the following: Maya, Houdini, Zbrush, and or Mari.
- Compositing track: nuke or AE
- Working knowledge of Shotgun, Unreal, Apple Keynote, Autodesk CAD, dataton watchout, Adobe Flash, Revit and Maya or equivalent.
- Programming experience: C++ or Python.
- Ability to work with a large show team to implement and assist mocks and reviews.
- Ability to communicate and present to senior level management
- 3 years experience in VFX or motion graphics (Staff)
- 8 years experience in VFX or motion graphics (Senior)
- 15 years experience in VFX or motion graphics design (Principal)
- Design experience in 2D and 3D graphics
- Working knowledge of various post production formats in both film and video
- Working knowledge of various projection mapping techniques.
- Ability to work alone or with a work group
- Working knowledge of visual effects and post-production process.
- Knowledge of various software: Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects Premiere, Final cut pro, Resolve, Maya, Nuke, Houdini, Zbrush, Mari, Watchout, and or Unreal.
- Understanding of various Hi Def and 4K playback systems, framerates and compression.
- Experience with green screen, blue screen and roto work.
- Knowledge of video compression and various video formats.
- BA, BFA or BS or equivalent work experience desired.
- Professional Post production, motions graphics design and or visual effects experience required.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.