Planning/Forecasting MgrApply NowApply Later Job ID 10008732 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Aug. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The Revenue Planning and Forecasting team leverages a deep understanding of Guest demographics and behaviors, trends, pricing strategies, and marketing plans to support the strategic direction and key projects for Walt Disney World (WDW). We are responsible for oversight and measurement of all revenue streams at WDW and support all aspects of operations, long-term planning, and new initiatives like Genie+ or Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser.
With this posting we are recruiting for a Manager – Planning/Forecasting to lead and develop a team of two in support of our Data Strategies & Measurement efforts. This team is charged with transforming how we collect and use data across the department by developing new tools and improving existing processes. The team also supports revenue forecasting and consolidated reporting processes, along with measuring revenue growth initiatives for WDW businesses. The work requires partnership with many areas across the company such as Operations, LOB, Pricing, Financial Reporting, and Accounting, Financial Systems, Consumer Insights, and Commercial teams.
We are seeking detail-oriented individuals who have a natural curiosity to proactively identify, evaluate, and communicate business performance using data-driven insights. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter who is comfortable managing a wide variety of work across a range of subject areas. This person should possess superior analytical abilities along with excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
Analytics and Measurement
- Support the development of WDW revenue forecasts including weekly short-term forecast, monthly long-term forecasts, annual operating plans, and five-year plans
- Create, maintain, and improve consolidated weekly revenue and other reports
- Manage department Compliance and SOX Controls processes and documentation for internal and external audit
- Develop a thorough understanding of Guest demographics and behavior patterns to deliver insights
- Develop and improve historical measurement models using a variety of techniques
- Utilize data visualization techniques to identify, evaluate, and communicate business trends and key metrics, clearly representing the story and key takeaways to Senior Leaders
- Develop new tools to automate and improve how we collect, store, and use data to support the planning, forecasting, and reporting efforts across the department
Insights and Strategic Decision Making
- Collaborate and partner with other areas across the company to inform decision making
- Translate business performance drivers and metrics into insightful analysis and recommendations
- Understand and evaluate new business initiatives to provide strategic insights for the business
- Utilize strong communication and influencing skills to present to a variety of audiences
- Highly skilled in Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated technical ability to leverage data using spreadsheets and databases and translate into insights that can be shared with senior leadership
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, handle multiple priorities, and perform job responsibilities accurately with minimal supervision
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
- Demonstrated strong written, verbal communication, and presentation skills. Must be comfortable providing a point of view to senior leadership
- Exceptional partnering skills and ability to work in a team environment with a positive demeanor
- 5 years of financial analytic experience
- Experience with SAP and familiarity with analytical software such as SAS
- Demonstrated experience working with databases, SQL, Python, and Business Objects
- Familiarity with visualization tools such as Tableau and PowerBI and willingness to learn new data tools and related analysis software
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or related fields, Data Analytics, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or another quantitative field
- Master’s Degree or equivalent
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.