Portfolio Management SpecialistApply Now Apply Later Job ID 614336BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products Date posted Jan. 11, 2019
- Performs portfolio management responsibilities
- Establishes and guides the selection, prioritization, balancing, and termination process for portfolio components to ensure alignment with organizational strategy.
- Oversees the intake process of Technology projects through the governance process.
- Partners closely with business partners to analyze new projects and readiness for governance decisions, and provides transparency of portfolio investments.
- Manages the financials of the portfolio of work, monitors actual expenditures, and works with Project Management Specialists and Technology Project Controllers to review forecasting against budgets.
- Provides key stakeholders with timely assessment of portfolio and component performance.
- Guides decision-makers in the review, reprioritization, and optimization of the portfolio, providing key information and data to support portfolio decisions.
- Participates in program and project reviews to reflect senior level support, leadership, and involvement.
- Ensures timely and consistent communication to stakeholders on progress, impacts, and changes associated with management of the portfolio.
- Supports governance and project status review meetings.
- Builds strong relationships with business and DPECP Technology leadership to understand business challenges and opportunities.
- Proactively identifies and recommends to Technology leadership areas that need addressing or further investigation, or opportunities for improvement.
- Enables resource demand planning and project pipeline planning decisions, working in partnership with leaders and portfolio stakeholders.
- Manages portfolio management artifacts, decisions, communications, metrics, and reporting.
- Creates opportunities to share Technology successes, and supports and enables decision-making based on data, information, insights, trends, and input from business partners where appropriate.
- Reflects and challenges peers if results are not achieved, and addresses areas requiring resolution.
- Provides coaching, guidance, and support to Portfolio Management Specialists.
- Acts as a point of escalation in solving complex portfolio management problems, and as an internal expert to advise Technology and business colleagues as appropriate.
- Ten or more years’ of relevant experience in portfolio management and/or project management.
- Experience in portfolio management tools, e.g. Clarity.
- Detailed understanding of all stages in a project lifecycle and delivery approaches e.g. waterfall, agile.
- Strong knowledge of Project Management Institute (PMI) principles, including Portfolio Management methodologies.
- Strong understanding of financial processes and knowledge of financial systems.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other Information Technology departments and operational customers and/or departments.
- Experience in demand management.
- Experience in mentoring portfolio managers.
- Proficiency in establishing portfolio management processes.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from senior management and other departments.
- Experience in synthesizing complex or diverse data and/or information, particularly for decision-making.
- Experience with CA Clarity.
- Four-year college degree in Business or Information Technology-or similar field or related work experience.
- Portfolio Management Professional (PMP) Certification.
About Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.