Principal Data ArchitectApply NowApply Later Job ID 10039415 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jan. 23, 2023
If you're passionate about crafting the next generation of large-scale data products at Disney, join us! We are looking for a Principal Data Architect who will lead the design and implementation of data architecture approaches that support the organization's long and short term strategic goals. You will use your deep understanding of data management, data modeling, data governance, and data integration practices to guide teams to deliver high-quality, performant, and robust data solutions. You will provide architecture frameworks and represent how data and data related methodologies are used with all levels of the organization. You will be a senior level individual contributor who works to define and guide the implementation of the enterprise data architecture strategy.
You will sit in the Data Products & Platform organization within Technology & Digital for Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products. You will work closely with internal segment Architects and technical authorities from across the company.
- Responsible for the end-to-end data architecture approach for Data Products and Platforms which brings together data across numerous environments and transforms it into insights using highly available data pipelines
- Design and develop flexible, scalable, and resilient data organization methodologies balancing industry leading techniques with business needs and goals
- Create architecture diagrams, data reference architecture, data flows, data models, design, and implementation plans which are used as technical specifications for data streams, integrations, transformations, and data warehouses
- Collaborate with teams to help them build data solutions that can be used seamlessly by understanding their needs and crafting new features and capabilities to better serve them
- Know the latest new technologies and best approaches in the field of data management and data architecture
- Provide technical mentorship and guidance to other members of the team
- Continue to improve the performance and approach to data distribution services, which includes eventing, APIs, and an analytics layer
- Understand the challenges of the current state, influence engineering strategy, suggest suitable new capabilities, features, and functionality
- 10 + years of experience and a proven track record with large-scale, high availability, and real-time data pipelines, as well as data management, modeling, and storage
- Prior experience in building large scale data platforms on cloud using AWS and Snowflake required
- Prior experience with crafting data presentation and organization strategies within a Lakehouse
- Deep experience with cloud data lakes and datastores (e.g. AWS Lake, Snowflake, DynamoDB)
- Deep knowledge of microservices architecture and API development and deployment
- Excellent communicator and partnership skills with the ability to interface and influence at multiple levels
- Solid grasp and believer of agile development approaches, including DevOps concepts
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology, or related field
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.