Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Product Design Intern, Cast Activities - Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 862607BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 05, 2021
At Creative Learning Services you’ll team with the best in the business who build innovative learning and development experiences for our global businesses. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Learning and Development constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive development, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves.
We’ve specifically carved out a pipeline of product for creative support within Cast Activities. You’ll get the best of both worlds – working alongside creative expertise for internal products while supporting the Cast Activities Recognition and Experience partners in projects like Magic Backstage, Goofy’s Mystery Tour, Minnie’s Moonlight Madness and much more!
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
Here is your chance to work with the team that makes each day special for our amazing Cast Members. Use your artistic skills as a Product Design Intern with the opportunity to work closely with project partners and clients with the Cast Activities Recognition and Experience team to design, develop, and maintain branding for internal recognition within Walt Disney Parks and Resorts. Our recognition projects may include experiences and unique events that celebrate our Cast Members.
Projects will include creation and maintenance of Cast-facing print and digital collateral such as visual branding, illustrations, marketing banners, presentations, posters, directional signage, event graphics, and other materials.
Make an impact by…
- Design and revise graphics, posters, presentation templates, handouts, job-aids, fliers, communications and more
- Develop potential options and ideas for client needs
- Demonstrate your knowledge of composition and layout, color, typeface selection, and other fundamentals of design
- Manage asset storage, cleanup, and file preparation
- Learn to manage projects and see them through concept to completion
- Partner with other departments to secure official image assets and approvals as necessary
- Ensure that the Disney standards of quality and creativity and the Disney brand are reflected consistently in all materials
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Proficiency in software for graphic design, desktop publishing, and presentations, including Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro), Microsoft Office (emphasis on PowerPoint)
- Strong portfolio that demonstrates expertise in logo design, layout, presentation design, color, illustration, and typography
- Ability to adapt easily in a fast-paced team environment and balance multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong project management, organizational, multi-tasking, prioritization and time management skills
- Knowledge of both PC and Mac environments
- Knowledge of file formats and specifications in preparation for printing versus web
- Confidence in presenting ideas and interacting with partners of various backgrounds and levels
- Strong partnering skills and ability to influence
- Proactive listening skills and ability to ask thoughtful questions for clarity and discovery
- Ability to take direction/constructive feedback
- High self-initiative with the ability to work independently and with a team
- Illustration skills or the ability to revise existing illustrations while maintaining character integrity
- Experience with Apple Keynote
- Experience with video editing using Adobe After Effects and/or Adobe Premiere
- Photography skills
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Currently pursuing or recently graduated within the past 6 months with a bachelor’s degree in in Graphic Design, Visual Arts or a closely related field.
- The approximate dates of this internship are January 2022 through June 2022.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship. Able to occasionally work a flexible schedule including early mornings, late nights, or weekends if needed for cast events. Intern would also informally report to the project manager of CARE team remotely. Location of work could change once return to work is required. Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Orlando area
- Please include portfolio link
- Minimum GPA 3.0
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.