Already applied?View Dashboard
Imagine working side-by-side with industry leaders in your field of study. Imagine building upon the skills you've learned in the classroom within a family of legendary brands passionate about creating world-class experiences on a global scale. Now, imagine yourself in a paid Disney Professional Internship.
Product Design Intern - Spring 2022Apply NowApply Later Job ID 860823BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 05, 2021
At Creative Learning Services you’ll team with the best in the business to build innovative learning and development experiences for our global businesses. Uniquely positioned at the center of an exciting, multi-faceted Company, the forward-thinkers at Disney Learning and Development constantly pursue new ideas and technologies to help the Company’s many businesses drive development, all the while gaining something valuable from the experience themselves.
Enterprise Creative Learning Services, a division of Organizational and Talent Solutions Center of Excellence, creates engaging learning and leadership experiences, for Enterprise including Studios, Parks, Experiences and Products, General Entertainment, ESPN & Sports Content, and Media and Entertainment Distribution. We design and develop high impact presentations, engaging digital experiences, and immersive learning and development.
Responsibilities:A Day in the Life…
A creative on this team could be involved in the design of a variety of learning experiences (ex: Disney Leadership Essentials, Safety Protocols for Pyrotechnicians, Leadership speaker series, Disney Aspire, Allyship, ESPN Mentor Match) which may require the creation of materials including interactive presentations, participant communications, illustrations for eLearning and much more!
These custom learning experiences could require this individual to create a custom brand along with the development of engaging activities, videos, printed take away etc.
We are looking for an experienced individual with an innovative mind-set and a passion for learning, collaboration, quality, and creativity. We are seeking a passionate individual who will ensure that the Disney standards are reflected consistently in all creative materials.
You’ll make a global impact with an international company fueled by your curiosity, energized by relationship building and motivated to drive continuous results that matter.
Make an impact by…
- Consulting and collaborate with instructional designers on interpreting design needs and translating into effective visually engaging solutions
- Design, develop and maintain branding and visual language across product collateral
- Articulate and pitch design concepts to clients and team members to execute across works
- Prepare mock-ups, concept art, and wireframes for early-stage approvals
- Manage project timelines and share status updates with partners
Basic Qualifications:What we are looking for…
- Contributing with your proficient knowledge in Adobe Creative Cloud (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat Pro) and Microsoft Office (emphasis on PowerPoint for partners desire to maintain)
- Shaping the employee experience with your expertise in logo design, layout, presentation design, color, illustration, and typography
- Basic understanding of usability and user interface design
- Communication and basic project management
- Having knowledge of both PC and Mac environments
- Using your knowledge of file formats and specifications in preparation for printing versus web
- Ability to sketch comps, storyboard, and other visual imagery
- Basic understanding User Experience Design
- Video editing and motion design
- Familiarity in developing in Articulate Storyline
- Currently enrolled in an accredited college or university and taking at least one class, or be a recent graduate of an accredited college or university within the last six (6) months at time of application, or be currently participating in the Disney College Program, Disney Culinary Program or Disney Professional Internship Program
- Junior, Senior or Graduate level student pursing a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts or related field or a recent graduate, within 6 months of the internship start date, with a Bachelor's degree in Graphic Design, Visual Arts or related field.
- The approximate dates of this internship are January 2022 through June 2022.
- Candidate must be available to work full time hours (approximately 40 hours per week) for the duration of the internship [Please share any specific requirements regarding the intern’s work schedule or availability]
- Able to provide own housing and transportation in the Orlando area
- Include a portfolio link
- Minimum GPA 3.0
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Human Resources Strategies and Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.