Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 862555BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 22, 2021
Job Summary:As a Product Designer, you will be part of the team responsible for designing products that help our guests gain the most enjoyment from their experiences within our Parks, Resorts and Cruises. Beyond providing practical and useful solutions, you will craft digital experiences that connect with our guests on an emotional level, delivering designs with the quality and character expected from Disney. You’ll approach your work from a multidisciplinary, holistic perspective – applying expertise across user experience and interface design – to define and design complete product solutions. You will spend time executing on the vision and the project. This is an unmatched opportunity for a designer who is passionate about delivering meaningfully resonant experiences across current and emerging digital platforms and technologies.
- Design original, useful and elegant digital experiences for guests of Disney Parks and Resorts worldwide
- Apply a broad range of capabilities on digital product design from concept through execution and final implementation
- Partner with other designers and collaborate with cross-functional teams – including product management, technology and consumer insights – to take work from ideation to reality
- Apply your exceptional attention to detail and craft, ensuring final product development fully reflects design specifications
- Apply rigorous design thinking as we develop products at the crossroads of the physical and digital worlds
- Interpret, infuse and leverage our unique brands and properties to deliver on high expectations from our guests
- Reflect our evolving design patterns in your work
- Listen to our guests and advocate for their perspectives, creating opportunities to deliver on their expectations within current and future projects
- Support the design team as we communicate our product design recommendations to our cross-functional leadership team, by delivering sketches, wireframes, design specifications, compositions, redlines and prototypes
- Expected to design product experiences across web, mobile web and native apps (iOS and Android)
- Be organized and knowledgeable on project and product details
- Use excellent visual, communication and storytelling skills to represent the product design process with stakeholders.
- 2-3 years of industry experience operating as an end-to-end multidisciplinary product designer, possessing solid capabilities across a range of design disciplines
- Experience with premium brands including e-commerce
- A track record for working with cross-functional product development teams to ship customer-facing digital products
- Defining and utilizing qualitative and quantitative data to inform and inspire design
- Designing for emerging product experiences including conversational user interfaces, AR/VR and interactive 3D environments a plus
- Experience creating products from a user-first design approach
- Capability to build interactive prototypes
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Motion design and animation skills a plus
- A portfolio of your most impactful work – portfolio presentation is expected
- 2-year college degree or equivalent
- 4-year college degree preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.