Product Manager IApply NowApply Later Job ID 10003419 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Jul. 18, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
The PPM Process and Product team is seeking an experienced Associate Product Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting with overall product strategy and defining the roadmap for our project and portfolio management tool. The Associate Product Manager will work closely with the end users, application team, and key stakeholders to enhance the tool and evolve our product offering. He or she will oversee the product line’s life cycle and anticipate problems.
Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, assisting with writing specifications/ user stories, and driving project schedules from design to release. You will lead and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions. You will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal cross-functional and remote project teams.
Partners with senior product leadership to refresh the product strategy on a regular basis or as required to support changes to product strategy. The Associate Product Manager will be responsible for translating that strategy into epics, including user stories, mind maps and product specifications.
- Maintains strategic partnerships throughout the organization and acts as a key product advisor for the PPM Tool
- Ability to start with end user and work backwards to define the product vision based on customer needs.
- Manages the feature development and defect backlog on a daily basis to ensure that priorities adhere to the strategic direction
- Attends daily scrums with development team to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks
- Supports cross-functional team to ensure a solid understanding of the defined scope
- Communicates changes in strategic direction or priority shifts to cross-functional teams
- Collaborates with various groups (process, Agile coaching, organizational change management, portfolio management, finance, etc.) to build and manage scope expectations
- Translates the tool/business strategy into clearly prioritized epics and user stories. Ensures appropriate delivery of those epics/user stories across the development lifecycle
- Assists the leadership team in translating product vision into presentations that will be shared with executive audiences and partners across the organization
- Effectively uses presentation tools to continuously share the product vision with delivery partners
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative
- Minimum college/undergraduate degree (e.g., B.S. /B.A.) and/or equivalent experience. products/service working with an agile delivery team
- Minimum of 1 year of product management experience
- Minimum of 3 years of experience translating customer needs into product features to deliver an unparalleled customer experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous PPM tool usage experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and drive resolution of complex critical issues
- Experience using Version One, Jira, Confluence and/or Slack a plus
- Certified Scrum Product Owner with the Scrum Alliance
- Experience documenting product features or related working directly with business users to discuss and document business needs are translating into actionable deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in order to understand our rapidly evolving product, business and user needs
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to constant change in short term and long-term objectives
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities
- Experience evaluating technology solutions for fit and viability against use cases
- Experience with Agile development practices including story development, estimating, sprint planning, and leading team scrums
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to very effectively present a compelling vision and story at an executive level
- Ability to communicate and rally teams and individuals around a vision
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders from different backgrounds and functions
- Excellent collaboration, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to package, pitch and sell innovative thinking
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.