Product Manager, Portfolio Management, Reporting & Tools
Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 861126BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 23, 2021
Job Summary:The Portfolio Optimization, Reporting & Tools (PORT) is, in part, responsible for the applications necessary for DPEP Tech & Digital to deliver quality projects in support of the various parks, experience and product organizations. The successful candidate will be responsible for overall product strategy, integration, and defining the roadmap for all processes and/or tools supported by the PORT team(s). The Product Manager will work closely with the end users, application teams, and key stakeholders to enhance the business processes and partner with the tools team to ensure capabilities are utilized to optimize business practices.
The Product Manager will partner with senior product leadership to refresh the product strategy on a regular basis or as required to support changes to product strategy. They will be responsible for the use of best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. They will be expected to solve complex problems and take a new perspective on existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance.
Responsibilities:Responsibilities include collection of business and systems requirements from internal and external customers, writing specifications/ user stories, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the production launch. They will support and coordinate design/implementation efforts between internal teams and outside vendors to develop optimal solutions. They will be expected to make appropriate tradeoffs to optimize time-to-market, clearly communicate goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to multiple internal cross-functional and geographically dispersed project teams.
- Maintains strategic partnerships throughout the organization and acts as a key product advisor for the PORT business processes leveraging best practices across the organization.
- Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Ability to start with end users and work backwards to define the product vision based on customer needs.
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies.
- Manages the feature development and defect backlog on a daily basis to ensure that priorities adhere to the strategic direction
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements.
- Attends daily scrums with development studios to help drive priority decisions and remove roadblocks
- Supports cross-functional teams to ensure a solid understanding of the defined scope
- Communicates changes in strategic direction or priority shifts to cross-functional teams
- Collaborates with various groups (process, Agile coaching, organizational change management, portfolio management, finance, etc.) to build and manage scope expectations
- Translates the tool/business strategy into clearly prioritized epics and user stories. Ensures appropriate delivery of those epics/user stories across the development lifecycle
- Assists the leadership team in translating product vision into presentations that will be shared with executive audiences and partners across the organization
- Effectively uses presentation tools to continuously share the product vision with delivery partners
- May train, mentor and guide others.
Basic Qualifications:You Have:
- Ability to think strategically and drive ideas into action, with a positive outlook and willingness to take personal initiative
- 3-5 years product management experience, preferably in delivering customer-facing products/service working with an agile delivery team
- Clarity software or other project management software preferred
- Experience managing product, project, or program teams
- Minimum of 3 years of product management experience with digital businesses
- Minimum of 3 years of experience translating customer needs into product features to deliver an unparalleled customer experience
- Previous PPM tool usage experience is preferred
- Demonstrated ability to identify, understand and drive resolution of complex critical issues
- Experience using Jira, Confluence, Smartsheet and/or Slack a plus
- Certified Scrum Product Owner with the Scrum Alliance preferred
- Demonstrated experience as a product owner with a successful track record of driving strategic direction for a technology / digital experience based product and ability to create and maintain detailed roadmaps
- Experience documenting product features or related working directly with business users to discuss and document business needs and translating into actionable deliverables
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly in order to understand our rapidly evolving product, business and user needs
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to constant change in short term and long-term objectives
- Experience evaluating technology solutions for fit and viability against use cases
- Experience with Agile development practices including story development, estimating, sprint planning, and leading team scrums
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate with a wide range of stakeholders from different backgrounds and functions
- Ability to package, pitch and sell innovative thinking
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.