Project Controls Planner Sr (PH)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 723968BR Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted Nov. 25, 2019
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships and new media technology projects.
The Project Controls Planner provides planning and scheduling expertise to all WDI project teams and functional disciplines. Duties include developing comprehensive implementation strategies and incorporating deliverables into project schedules, preparation of project life cycle and master schedules, integration of all schedules (design disciplines, vendors, production and construction) and providing a comprehensive project perspective. This individual monitors and evaluates risks & presents recovery/mitigation plans to support turnover/opening schedule, and performs earned value analysis when needed. Finally, another important step is to provide progress reports and management presentations.
Responsibilities:Under minimal supervision, will perform the following general duties and planning/scheduling control duties:
- Anticipate key indicators and proactively develops management and control reports to communicate
- Develop and analyzes mitigations for variances to plan
- Read and interpret design drawings
- With project team, develop project strategies, risk mitigations, and recovery/acceleration plans
- Develop project scoping documents, basis of estimate /schedule, strategy, and risk documents
- Manage the implementation of Earned Value (EV) system and analyzes implications of performance against EV
- Contribute knowledge to team to training and lessons learned
- Manage interns and staff as required
- Ability to supervise, mentor, and train Associate and Staff Project Controls Planners
- Ability to direct outside consultants Project Controls staff
- Routine day to day decision making authority on Project Controls issues with moderate impacts to project delivery plan (and through consultation with Project Management). For complex items or items with a significant commercial, staffing, or schedule impact, works with principal, lead, or functional leaders in decision making.
- Participate in performance assessment and feedback
- Provide input or recommendations for casting decisions, as requested by senior leadership, including participating in the interviewing process
- Develop highly integrated project life cycle and production schedules
- Lead discipline planning for creative, show, ride, facility, area development, installation & test and adjust• Develop project phasing plans
- Work with suppliers and subcontractor to influence schedule plans, mitigations, and acceleration
- Develop fragnet schedules and specialty reports as needed to focus on critical items and align team to progress requirements
- Develop and implements the integrated input matrix
- Plan and analyzes project resource requirements with consideration to advanced implications such as shift work, interdependencies, holiday calendars and seasonal productivity variation
- Lead planning and coordination meetings
- Understand direct and indirect project sequencing relationships including typical workarounds to standard relationships and associated risks
- Provide frequent communication, reporting, and interactions with project and studio team members including vendors and outside consultants on complex topics.
- Fosters collaboration across various stakeholders to develop integrated and fully supported plans, strategies, mitigations, and forecasts.
- Contributes in project leadership meetings and serves a trusted source of information and reliable analysis to project and studio leadership.
- Summarizes communications for management or executive presentations.
- Minimum 7 years scheduling and planning experience
- Experience in a hotel/resport industry environment is strongly preferred
- Experience developing CPM schedules for projects in excess of $200M and 3,000 activities• Experience in design and implementation
- Ability to supervise consultants and suppliers including setting goals, prioritization of tasks, coordinating work, and managing time
- Knowledge of different types of contracting and procurement agreements and the impacts on Project Controls• Strong meeting leadership, facilitation, and alignment skills
- Basic conflict resolution skills
- Strong communication, collaboration, technical writing, and interpersonal skills
- Strong knowledge of design, manufacturing, and/or construction
- Strong analytical skills
- Comfortable and efficient with complexity
- Strong understanding of earned value progress and commodity measurement and related analysis
- Risk identification and management
- Negotiation skills
- 4 year undergraduate degree, preferably in a technical field such as engineering, architecture, construction management, or equivalent work experience in planning or estimating
- Discipline related professional certification or industry relevant continuing education desirable (ie PMP, PMI, etc)
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.