Project Design Manager - Project HireApply NowApply Later Job ID 10049339 Location Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States Business Walt Disney Imagineering Date posted May 24, 2023
Walt Disney Imagineering makes the impossible possible, by combining innovation and storytelling to bring Disney stories, characters and worlds to life. Imagineering is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of The Walt Disney Company. This talented corps of Imagineers is responsible for the creation - from concept initiation through installation - of all Disney Resorts, theme parks and attractions, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, and new media projects. Disney Imagineers are uniquely talented individuals that bring together the best aspects of creativity, innovation, and passion.
Responsible for coordinating, planning, and managing the Environmental Design and Engineering (ED&E) disciplines during the course of a specific project, land, or park including coordination of ED&E efforts with Creative, Show Design, and Production, and Show Ride with accountability for the financial health of the projects.
- Provide architecture and facilities engineering project management and technical leadership from conceptual design through construction of a single themed entertainment project of critical importance to Imagineering and The Walt Disney Company.
- Act as the representative of the ED&E division on the project core team responsible for the Division Vice President and the Project Manager for the ED&E design process and product.
- Coordinate with functional management on staffing/costing and strategy issues.
- Direct the activities of in-house staff and outside consultants in the preparation of construction contract document.
- Ensure coordination of multi-discipline architectural, environment design, and engineering scopes of work, including integration of all show and ride system requirements and facility impacts.
- Assemble and manage design schedules, labor estimates, and budgets.
- Provide technical and administrative directing to maintain project costs within budget with appropriate cost and schedule tracking and reporting.
- Ensure conformance to all divisional standards and procedures.
- Oversees design/build consultant as the owner's representative.
- Make recommendations on bid packages.
- May act as Project Architect on venue assigned when we self-perform.
- Directs and leads for venue assigned.
- Coordinates with Graphics, Themed Lighting, Show Set, and Interiors.
- Day-to-day technical design management for venue assigned.
- For venue assigned: Project Manager, Project Estimator, Project Scheduler, Project Division Finance Manager, and Executive of the department.
- Project Management for the status of project and issues. Participates in and contributes to weekly project staff meetings.
Basic Qualifications/You Will Have
- Minimum 5 years of experience.
- Solid understanding of Building Information Management (BIM), Integrated Product Delivery (IPD), Design Assist, and Building Specification Design Program.
- Ability to assume the role of "captain" of the project team while building trust and loyalty of all team members.
- Minimum 10 years of experience desired.
- Graduate of an accredited school of engineering or architecture with a Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree
Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities, and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Walt Disney Imagineering:
Founded in 1952 as WED Enterprises to design and build the world’s first theme park — Disneyland — Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is where imagination and creativity combine with cutting-edge technology to create unforgettable experiences. WDI is the creative force that imagines, designs and builds all Disney theme parks, resorts, attractions and cruise ships worldwide. Imagineering’s unique strength comes from its diverse global team of creative and technical professionals, who build on Disney’s legacy of storytelling to pioneer new forms of entertainment. The Imagineers who practice this unique blend of art and science work in more than 100 disciplines to shepherd an idea all the way from “blue sky” concept phase to opening day.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business we call Walt Disney Imagineering.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.